This year at Glastonbury I promise myself that I....

Guest Rufus Gwertigan

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bring a quality beer. It's social drinking, not done to get pissed, so settle for a cooking lager like Fosters/Carling/Carlsberg rather than a Stella. You last longer (and in my case, the wife gets less annoyed)

Guest musiclove123
I promise myself I shall actually have some form of healing or massage in the Healing Fields. I shall take Rabid to get fixed too. We've both been broken for far too long now.... :P

:P

Edited by musiclove123

Not being able to stay up seems to be a common theme.

The answers simple we should petition for a dedicated nap time. Everything stops between 1 and 2 pm (Maybe keep the dance field going)

I suggest those who need it all head to the Jazz field, have a pint of brothers then lie down while someone reads us a nice story from the stage. An hour to 90 minutes should do the trick.

We could have different stories from different stages, but of course that would lead to inevitable clashes as we try to decide between Alice in Wonderland and Winnie the Pooh.

Guest musiclove123

The answers simple we should petition for a dedicated nap time. Everything stops between 1 and 2 pm (Maybe keep the dance field going)

I suggest those who need it all head to the Jazz field, have a pint of brothers then lie down while someone reads us a nice story from the stage. An hour to 90 minutes should do the trick.

We could have different stories from different stages, but of course that would lead to inevitable clashes as we try to decide between Alice in Wonderland and Winnie the Pooh.

I promise that I wil............

1) watch a sunrise from the stone circle

2) remember to take a warmer top out with me for the evenings no matter how sunny it is during the day

3) drink more of the beer I bring in rather than buying from the bars (Brothers Bar excluded obviously)

4) make more of the action at Shangri la etc instead of just walking round in circles

5) check out more of the dance village

6) visit the rabbit hole

7) go to the silent disco again

Bloody hell after reading that back what have I actually been doing the past few years? :P

I have never been to the Rabbit Hole.

I have never been to the Silent Disco.

I have never stayed up past 3am.

I have never enjoyed wearing a sodding sticky label at the efest meet.

I have never been let down by one of glastofreak's loud shirts.

Ha!! Someone tried to stick one of them on me last year, and I said something along the lines of "I prefer to introduce myself".

Will get lost, just wonder about without a care.

see every day

- One band I have never heard of/noticed before.

- One band I have heard of and would love to see.

- One band I have heard of and feel "meh" about (give them a chance to convert me).

- One thing that makes me smile.

catch up with various people I know from outside festivals that have also said they will be there.

Lucy 'got' me in 2008. I hated it. It was in the bin within minutes. If people want to know who I am. they can ask. I'm very chatty, especially after several ciders.

And I'm sure they'll know who I am anyway. I'll probably be wearing a Wolves shirt of some sort.

I don't think I'll need you to wear a sticker to recognise you anyway, Rufus!!

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

That's what most people say :P

Last year we just ended up swapping around and I was Strudders for a bit. I did want to pretend to be Neil but he was there, so I pretended to be Rabid instead.