Volunteering - Help/Info Needed ASAP

Guest DeclarationOfWar

Hello, i'm looking to volunteer at Leeds Fest this year, not because i can't afford it, merely because i'd like to do a bit of charity work, save a bit on the side, and still go the festival. Anwyay i'm 16 years old, and i'm on the lookout of outlets/charities which offer work at a festival. I've looked previously but my efforts have come up short, so if anybody could help me out on where the best place to look is, or names of places which would allow me and a few friends to volunteer, it'd be much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

I volunteer myself (did last year at Reading and same again this year), and most of the companies only hire 18+. You could have a look around but due to the laws of times that under 18s can work and hours I don't think any will 'hire' under 18s

I am a organiser for volunteers who work at festivals and the first question anyone gets asked is ' What age are you ? '

They then have to produce their passport so they cant trick the system.

Its all to do with staff insurance and they will not touch anyone who is even a day under 18 { even if their birthday is during the event }

None of the normal charities will touch you but you can apply to do your training with Oxfam when you are 17 but they will not allocate any places until you are 18 { and Oxfam don't have any places at Leeds anyway }

There is a small chance you can get work for a trader except you then miss out on all the benefits of being a charity volunteer which is the main reason why most do it.

sorry it looks as if you will need to wait.

Edited by glasto-worker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, i know this is not meant to be in this thread and kick me if you like, but i was wondering if anyone could help. i was late on getting tickets and so i do not have any. so if anyone could help me get one i would be extremely grateful. i have the money to buy one but would not like to buy it off ebay just incase. or even if you can't offer a ticket, maybe a few ideas on what to do. thanks a lot xxx

Hi, i know this is not meant to be in this thread and kick me if you like, but i was wondering if anyone could help. i was late on getting tickets and so i do not have any. so if anyone could help me get one i would be extremely grateful. i have the money to buy one but would not like to buy it off ebay just incase. or even if you can't offer a ticket, maybe a few ideas on what to do. thanks a lot xxx