Just how good is this year's line-up?

Guest Dirty Boots

That has got to be one of the silliest staements I have ever, ever heard. Prodigy were out close to a decade before the Libertines. If you mean you have heard the Prodigy because of there most recent release and havent heard the Libertines, but the prodigy's best album came out before the libertines were formed. haha.

KOL v GNR. GNR 2010

AM v AF. AM 2009

Radiohead v Blink. Blink 2010

Kaisers v QOTSA QOTSA 2010 (Kaisers are a god band though)

Prodigy v Libs. Prodigy 2009

Bloc party v Paramore. Don't give a toss

NME:

FNM v LCD soundsystem. Don't care

Gossip v Pendulum. Pendulum 2010

Lostprophets v klaxons. LP 2009

4-3 2010

Better lower main aswell

I'll explain :P

The Prodigy are still around at the moment. They released new material, I liked it, so I checked back to see their older stuff.

The Libertines havn't released anything since...2004? Therefore, they havn't had any play on the radio, or really been talked about by anyone I know so, I've not really heard anything by them.

Hope that kinda makes sense.

because im still trying not to write essays

KOL/GNR - i like both, but only one are legendary.

AM/AF - Although they were poor last year, I didnt know AF before the rumours. have started listening to AF and by august this opinion may have changed.

Radiohead/Blink - same as the first headliners

Kaisers/QOTSA - draw, queens musically better, but kaisers are the perfect festival band.

Prodigy/Libertines - draw, love both.

bloc party/paramore - couldnt give a shit about either

placebo/biffy - hate placebo (vioce is f**king irritating)

Maximo park/Dizzee - maximo are the epitome of average, dizzee provides something fresh

YYY/weezer - draw, both top bands

FOB/LP - no contest

cribs/ian brown - draw, like cribs music - like browns swagger.

VW/cypress hill - draw, depends on what mood im in :P

only other mainstage worth a mention is maccabees and limp bizkit both winners

FNM/LCD- neither

gossip/pendulum - really? cmon

LP/klaxons - only just

rest of NME - dont want to comment yet as we dont have full list

my thoughts :P its very close for me.

Edited by mjsell

Arcade Fire Vs Arctic Monkeys-Undecidable complety different but both extremly high on the alternative/inde style I probally prefer AM ever so slightly but arcade fire have more anthems to bang out DRAW

Blink vs Radiohead-Radiohead win no debate needed

GNR vs KOL- Dislike GNR love KOL's first two albums personal opinion leads me to a KOL win however GNR will put on a show for fans of the band

Prodigy vs Libs-Prodigy put on a show last year but come on it was in a way just an excuse to take pills and fight Libs win

Bloc party vs Paramore- hahaha Bloc party win

QOTSA vs KC- haha again- QOTSA destroy KC

Dizee rascal vs Maximo park- MP are w*nk Dizee steals it

YYY vs Weezer- Love YYY enjoy weezers stuff but my own opinion leads me to a YYY victory

Placebo vs Biffy- Love placebo didn't watch them last year as they are well past their best and their new album is a disgrace Biffy win as they will belt out solid rock tunes

Pendulum vs The gossip- only people with whale fetishes will disagree pendulum win

Klaxons vs lost prophets- Both a bit gay in what they do DRAW

FNM vs LCD-Neither appeal to me DRAW

2009 wins in my opinion but there are more epic and anthem based bands this year e.g. AF, Libs, Weezer, QOTSA and hate to say it but dizee gnr and blink

used lithiums format :P hope he doesnt mind he did all the hard work and i just nicked his format :P

Friday (Reading)

KOL/GNR - gnr by a mile... i could see kol every year and they were so dissapointing in 09, gnr are legends, with or without the rest of the band, will be very special and always wanted to see them.

Kaiser Chiefs/QOTSA - saw kaisers last year and they surprised me, quite enjoyed them, still has to go to qotsa though even though im not a huge fan.

Placebo/Biffy Clyro - for me its a draw, 2 of my favourite bands, perhaps biffy edge it.

Falloutboy/Lostprophets - never been a fan of fall out boy and as mentioned, lp playing 4th surprised me, meaning a much stronger 4th slot.

Deftones/NOFX - not a massive fan of either, nofx win though as i prefer their style.

FFAF/Gogol Bordello - one of the highlights for me in 07 having never heard of them and caught me completely off guard with an amazing performance.

New Found Glory/Billy Talent - quite a big billy fan, in 09 they were one of the few bands i wanted to see, as well as FNM... horrible clash for me, but instead i got dragged by the gf to KOL missing both, possibly the worst mistake of my life.

NME

Faith No More/LCD Soundsystem - doesnt need explaining

Jamie T/Phoenix - draw, dont know enough to judge

Friendly Fires/Mumford & Sons - provide something slightly different and would love to see them if i didnt love friday main so much.

Saturday

Main

Arctic Monkeys/Arcade Fire - saw them in 07 and wasnt at all blown away, yet avoided arctic monkeys last year as i hate them and love rise against and i have a feeling arcade fire will be a highlight this time round, this will be were they get big and i think reading getting them first is a good thing.

Prodigy/Libertines - a great band against an average one in my opinion... i guess the libertines are a huge band this year for reading, but prodigy again for me are much better and were great in 09, if i had my way, they sooo would of played above arctic monkeys!

Maximo Park/Dizzee Rascal - something different, caught me completely by surprise in 08, only went to see him as i thought no one else would so i would be able to get to the front for biffy, boy was i wrong, was packed and couldnt get anywhere near the front... after, managed to just walk up to the actual front barrier for biffy... couldnt believe it :P

Ian Brown/The Cribs - draw, dont know enough about either

The Couteeners/The Maccabees - dont really know enough, i just know i dont like the couteeners at all, and ive heard one maccabees song, which is marginally better

Enter Shikari/Modest Mouse - Heard of them pre lineup and dont really like the sound of modest mouse after giving them a listen

Eagles of Death Metal/The Gaslight Anthem - draw, liked eagles when i saw them and i like the sound of gaslight on record... time will tell

NME

Gossip/Pendulum - Massive band, couldnt name you a gossip song, nor want to after watching some of their set in 07 on main

Glasvegas/Enter Shikari - enter shikari again

White Lies/Crystal Castles - not a fan of either, but think white lies sound better on album after giving each a few songs

Sunday

Main

Radiohead/Blink 182 - not a fan of either, yet prefer blink, but walked away from radiohead last year as personally their music i find dull and boring (yet for some reason their opening song was out of this world good) blink i dont think are a good headliner, but i gave it to radiohead as they are a much bigger band and more deserving and i believe they are the better band, just not to my personal taste

Bloc Party/Paramore -

Not close. Paramore win extra points for NOT BEING F*CKING BLOC PARTY!

thats probably my least fave song of theres....

i would have gone if the line up had some decent pop-punk/ punk on the mainstage....

a few big names like rancid or sum 41 would have been nice....

this seems to be the first year in a few years they have got a good selection of punk and metal on main stage leaving saturday as indie day, how it used to be :P

Is this going to degenerate into one of those arguments that proves that there's actually no such thing as punk or metal as every band suggested is pop-punk/punk-pop/punk rock/rock/nu-metal/metal-rock/punk-metal/pop-rock/etc?