Readinf ticket re-sale site

Guest doobie ninja

bonjour

Was chatting to a mate last nite who went to Reading last year, he said his bro got him his ticket from an "offical Reading ticket re-sale" site for £300......what the chuff is he on about?? (wasn't ebay!)

Reckon he means something like Seatwave, because there legit sites aren't they? - As in, if you get a ticket through them....you definetly get it?? (unlike ebay)

Cheers

Phil

Reckon he means something like Seatwave, because there legit sites aren't they? - As in, if you get a ticket through them....you definetly get it?? (unlike ebay)

he's probably talking about viagogo - no less of a scumbag touting site than any other scumbag touting site, which cannot guarantee the ticket exists which it sells you and therefore cannot guarantee anything about the ticket you think you've bought.

What it does guarantee is to give you your money back if you don't get the ticket. But your money back after the festival is no good if you need that money to buy your ticket.

Don't deal with scumbag touts of any kind. Putting on a shiny suit doesn't stop them still being scumbag touts.

he's probably talking about viagogo - no less of a scumbag touting site than any other scumbag touting site, which cannot guarantee the ticket exists which it sells you and therefore cannot guarantee anything about the ticket you think you've bought.

What it does guarantee is to give you your money back if you don't get the ticket. But your money back after the festival is no good if you need that money to buy your ticket.

Don't deal with scumbag touts of any kind. Putting on a shiny suit doesn't stop them still being scumbag touts.

Having done a little research on Viagogo, am I right in saying that they are a site where:

1. you can buy and sell "second-hand" tickets - nothing wrong with that concept

2. for any price hmmmm

and they:

3. Charge both the seller and buyer a fat commision

and gob-smackingly are the "official re-sale site for the festival"

If someof the stuff I've read about them are correct they are paying FR to be the offical re-selling site which is truly disgraceful!

The only thing that I can see is good about them is that you can get your money back or a replacement ticket (if they can get one) the rest is appalling.

Why don't FR just offer refunds for those who can't go (minus say a £10 admin charge?)

Problem solved!

Oh and whilst we're on the subject of tickets and the prices - how can anyone get away with charging a booking fee and card fee when it's on the f*cking internet - how else am I going to get my ticket and pay for it - feed fivers into my floppy disk drive!

Just make the tickets £190 a time and don't charge fees - it's not like it's going to not sell out is it!

Oh and whilst we're on the subject of tickets and the prices - how can anyone get away with charging a booking fee and card fee when it's on the f*cking internet - how else am I going to get my ticket and pay for it - feed fivers into my floppy disk drive!

Just make the tickets £190 a time and don't charge fees - it's not like it's going to not sell out is it!

If a seller doesn't come through with the ticket on Viagogo, they buy replacements and charge the sellers credit card (which must be active when you list) the full replacement amount. In that scenario though, you would be getting the tickets very close to the festival.

Their commission is horrible and the fact FR link to them and entered into a deal with them and publish a list of websites, that includes the two companies that do exactly the same as them, and incinuates they are frauds is all pretty horrible really.

The credit card commission on £190, particuarly for the smaller agents who don't have the same bargaining power with the banks, will eat up much of the booking fee anyway.

If they didn't charge a booking fee, there would be no shiny Ticketmaster website able to sell hundreds of thousands of tickets in a day and no one there to put your tickets in the envelope, answer your queries, print your tickets etc etc.

The margins in being a ticket agent are tiny, especially for the independent ones which often pay more than face value for some events or buy them on a no return basis.

Its all a con! buying the tickets is a con, buying food/drink at the festival is a con, parking is a con......but, it will never change - its the gready world we live in!

I rememeber back in the day strolling into my local HMV 3 weeks before the festival and buying a ticket over the conuter for £80......NOW you pay £190, they sell out in about an hour of release and then you have to pay for an early bird just to go on the wed so you can get a decent camping spot......nothing happens till friday!!!

arhhh....i feel better now, cheers

PHil