Registration Photos

Guest r0cky

A few of my friends are going to try their luck in the resale. But they've all had their photos rejected in the last week. They submitted vastly increased quality photos yesterday that would probably meet the strict guidelines for a Passport, but today they all got rejected.

Anyone know what's up?

wow, see seem to inconsistant with the photo's. this year I thought I had to re-register so did and used the same photo from the previous year yet it got rejected. but my photo for my Rage against the machine tickets is even less like a passport photo than the glasto one yet got accepted.

If people are having problems I would suggest scanning in a traditional passport type photo and making any minimal adjustments necessary rather than messing around with normal digital photos - where they can object to background colour, positioning, etc. While I may have just been lucky that approach worked for me and I only got round to it a couple of days ago.

Yeah I did phone them, but they said they don't keep any records and rejected applications are deleted. He was very helpful, but just ran through the list of criteria that's on the registration page.

He did say the *top* failure was photos being uploaded in landscape format, that is horizontal longer than vertical; they must be portrait format. He said their software would auto-rotate to make it portrait and then it would fail automatically, or something like that.

The second main rejection reason was a busy background, i.e. other people or clutter etc.

This happened to my friend and kept happenning - nothing remedied it untill they spoke to someone but I don't know who it was - I assumed it was See but from what you say it seems not.

It seemed like once one rejection was in the system it just got stuck and they refused to recognise him at all. The thing we didn't try was registering from another address/computer to try and break the pattern - I wonder if this would work?

Anyway - will get back to you with who they spoke to in the end.