annocement.... ...when?...

Guest cheeseisamazing

Guys. when are sonisphere going o annoce something

they promised one for the 8th of march nd its now 2 weeks later.

i appreciate bands are hard too book and its better they don't rumer a annocement they cnt preceed.

but all these other festivals are having amazing line ups and i'm starting to loose faith in the festival

:P

i appreciate bands are hard too book and its better they don't rumer a annocement they cnt preceed.

but all these other festivals are having amazing line ups and i'm starting to loose faith in the festival

We just got an announcement what? 2 weeks ago? 1st of march it was. Anyways we were NOT promised one for the 8th of March, they were expecting one for that week, but it never happened. We will get an announcement soon enough, but at the moment people just need a bit of patience.

I don't get the other festivals look amazing, Download's most recent announcement was pretty poorly received and didn't add much of value, and even they have only had 3 announcements (and just overtook soni on band count) and Download is 2 months before Sonisphere. How can you lose faith in the festival? Bands havn't pulled out, and at the end of the day whether the band is announced today, or announced in 2 weeks, you are still going to have to wait till August to see them so is it really a big deal?

Now here's what I do know, there are quite a few smallish bands on the rumour mill (self-confirms from sylosis, and Converge looking 99% likely), so I expect in maybe in a few weeks time we will get a large announcement that will have a lot of Bohemia bands, and shed some light on the additional stages as the Focus group minutes reveal there will possibly be 6 stages this year (that's too more than last year). As for the special guests, you'll need to hang tight on that one for a wee bit longer after that.

Ah I just looked, you mean Judgement NIGHT, not day

tracklisting

1. "Just Another Victim" Helmet and House of Pain 4:23

2. "Fallin'" Teenage Fanclub and De La Soul 4:28

3. "Me, Myself, & My Microphone" Living Colour and Run DMC 3:10

4. "Judgment Night" Biohazard and Onyx 4:35

5. "Disorder" (Medley of 3 Exploited songs: "War", "UK '82", and "Disorder") Slayer and Ice-T 4:58

6. "Another Body Murdered" Faith No More and Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E. 4:24

7. "I Love You Mary Jane" Sonic Youth and Cypress Hill 3:52

8. "Freak Momma" Mudhoney and Sir Mix-A-Lot 4:00

9. "Missing Link" Dinosaur Jr and Del tha Funkee Homosapien 3:59

10. "Come and Die" Therapy? and Fatal 4:27

11. "Real Thing" Pearl Jam and Cypress Hill 3:33

Ah I just looked, you mean Judgement NIGHT, not day

tracklisting

1. "Just Another Victim" Helmet and House of Pain 4:23

2. "Fallin'" Teenage Fanclub and De La Soul 4:28

3. "Me, Myself, & My Microphone" Living Colour and Run DMC 3:10

4. "Judgment Night" Biohazard and Onyx 4:35

5. "Disorder" (Medley of 3 Exploited songs: "War", "UK '82", and "Disorder") Slayer and Ice-T 4:58

6. "Another Body Murdered" Faith No More and Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E. 4:24

7. "I Love You Mary Jane" Sonic Youth and Cypress Hill 3:52

8. "Freak Momma" Mudhoney and Sir Mix-A-Lot 4:00

9. "Missing Link" Dinosaur Jr and Del tha Funkee Homosapien 3:59

10. "Come and Die" Therapy? and Fatal 4:27

11. "Real Thing" Pearl Jam and Cypress Hill 3:33

This festival has just been announced in Canada the week before Sonisphere, Theres a fair few already playing Sonisphere so maybe we will get a few more of these! Obviously we know some are ruled out already

http://2010fr.heavymtl.com/

Korn, Slayer, Rob Zombie, Hatebreed, Alice Cooper, Melissa Auf der Maur, Megadeth, Fear Factory, Avenged Sevenfold, Testament, Lamb Of God, Chimaira, Five Finger Death Punch, Atreyu, Mastodon, Winds Of Plague, Kataklysm, Alexisonfire, 3 Inches Of Blood, Anvil, In This Moment, Norma Jean, Shadows Fall

According to Sonispheres facebook there MIGHT be an announcement in the next 10 days.

Sonisphere Festival: So much for my light hearted comment implying we might get an announcement in the next 10 days. Methinks people woke up on the wrong side this morning.

Paul Chunk Watling: ah but dearest soni, you've said this before and not announced anything :P

Sonisphere Festival: This is true dearest Paul.... Whenever I give a date, it seems to get jinxed so I decided to waffle in that vague direction.... Maybe I should stick to the facts. Fact! I have running shoes on today.

Edited by Spengs Muck

They also said when asked when the special guests are going to be announced they replied ''May the 4th be with you.. the last time I checked''

Now is that a joke or actually roughly when it may be.

Plus they also tweeted today ''OOoh looking forward to seeing who you have got going on sale tonight... Nobody has System or Soundgarden yet...??''

I seriously doubt they have either. But if they have, especially both ticket sale will go up drastically

i think thats just them taking the piss because all the mini moshers are griping on about soundgarden and system even though neither are currently available for festivals/tours.