Festival Republic Stage

Guest THURSTONEVA

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally think Kids In Glass Houses and You Me At Six could co-headline one day of the FR stage

the last few years have had a Kerrang-esque day on it (Elliot Minor in 08, The Blackout/Bring Me The Horizon last year) so i think they may continue the trend

You Me At Six may be considered too big for it now, and i think they may just play Main Stage on the Blink day, but i definitely have a feeling Kids In Glass Houses will be co-headlning with somebody (especially if Aled is right about Arcade Fire headlining the NME)

Im not expecting many of these, and they could be on other stages but...

The Hold Steady, Beach House, Los Campesinos, Camera Obscura, Best Coast, Girls, Fionn Regan, Liam Frost, The Rural Alberta Advantage, Johnny Foreigner, Tubelord, Born Ruffians.

They would do nicely.

Those of you saying Art Brut, isn't Eddie Argos busy with Everyone Was In the French Resistance...Now?

Edited by Joe Champ

• 4 weeks later...

Broken Social Scene too big for FR? I would think the same for The National but they would be 2 excellent headliners. I think it will be the XX and Marina and the Diamonds plus someone else. Not too excited by that if I'm honest. Echoing what someone else said; there's always SUCH expectations for this stage, and yet I always feel slightly underwhelmed. The Hold Steady would be a great headliner too, and probably make a little more sense than BSS and The National - probably a more suitable size too. Oh, and Titus Andronicus and Japandroids early in the day please!

Broken Social Scene too big for FR? I would think the same for The National but they would be 2 excellent headliners. I think it will be the XX and Marina and the Diamonds plus someone else. Not too excited by that if I'm honest. Echoing what someone else said; there's always SUCH expectations for this stage, and yet I always feel slightly underwhelmed. The Hold Steady would be a great headliner too, and probably make a little more sense than BSS and The National - probably a more suitable size too. Oh, and Titus Andronicus and Japandroids early in the day please!

I'm not as familiar with Gomez as I feel I should be, and it's a name I always hear thrown about with my favourite bands. So thanks for inspiring me to check them out!

As for the Hold Steady, yeah, it was 2007 wasn't it? I get your point about repeats but I don't see where else they would fit in. Maybe middle nme-ish? I can't imagine them not playing, to be honest.