The Headliners are

Guest keese46

In all fairness to Kesse I read the thread where he called V's headliners in 08. After reading the thread it seems Neil had Coldplay and The Verve down and Muse had been removed as a rumour. Kesse said Coldplay pulled to do a tour and Muse were now playing. Muse were reinstated as a rumour and were later subsequently confirmed alongside the Verve.

/index.php?showtopic=91940&st=20">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...91940&st=20

Here is the thread, if you read to the second page Muse were reinstated as a rumour due to what Kesse had said. This is what makes me believe him.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats happening here happened before. Kesse got the right headliners and efestivals rumours on a headliner did not follow through. Where Coldplay TBC SR or R? Wasnt Libertines down as a rumour late 09/early 10 for Reading Leeds Festival 2010 or I was I seeing things?

Interesting....

Well only time will tell... 9 days

I disagree that they should be able to headline. The Libertines have roughly 80 minutes of material if they play both albums from start to finish and apart from about 3 songs its all rubbish (IMO). To be honest though neither Libs, Blink nor GnR deserve a headline spot in my opionion. They are all well past their best and are all just doing it for the money. Arcade Fire would be a more worthy headliner as they are still relatively fresh and exciting and making new music. It just seems to me that the idea of reformed bands and exclusivity seems to be more important that actually having good bands and good music headlining.

I disagree that they should be able to headline. The Libertines have roughly 80 minutes of material if they play both albums from start to finish and apart from about 3 songs its all rubbish (IMO). To be honest though neither Libs, Blink nor GnR deserve a headline spot in my opionion. They are all well past their best and are all just doing it for the money. Arcade Fire would be a more worthy headliner as they are still relatively fresh and exciting and making new music. It just seems to me that the idea of reformed bands and exclusivity seems to be more important that actually having good bands and good music headlining.

i'm not sure to be honest, i know i shouldnt complain and not suggest alternatives, but there arent many potential headliners available (either taken or having time off) but i think giving the opportunities to bands to take the step up would be a better gamble than pulling so old-timers in to do it.

Arcade Fire subbing The Strokes, Gorillaz and Daft Punk (they do have new material due so touring isnt out of the question) would be the ones if i could choose. obviously that wouldnt go down too well which i why i said elsewhere if there has to be a heavier act then lostprophets or My Chemical Romance are growing to headline material

Edited by redcarsgofaster

Arcade Fire, Gorillaz and Daft Punk (they do have new material due so touring isnt out of the question) would be the ones if i could choose. obviously that wouldnt go down too well which i why i said elsewhere if there has to be a heavier act then lostprophets or My Chemical Romance are growing to headline material

The idea is to have headliners that'll sell tickets though. People were moaning about MCR & Lost Prophets played last year. GnR will sell a shitload of day tickets & as previously mentioned Blink have been away for a long time thus increasing demand.

The reason Download always has 'old' headliners is that established bands will sell tickets. Saying that previous headliners aren't exactly a bunch of young pups (Metallica, RATM, Pixies, Pumpkins...Radiohead are in their forties).

Add to the fact that headliners need to have crossover appeal. There are lots of acts that can play successful arena tours & have large fanbases that wouldn't/couldn't headline, like Counting Crows for example. The headliner need to have either the back catalogue of hits or a huge wave of current popularity to be familiar with people who aren't there to just see them.

I think that Blink/Libs/GnR would provide a good mixture of genres. Ive not heard much of Blink 182, but they are obviously a very big band, especially for people into pop-punk.

Libertines are one of the best indie bands, and are a band that a lot of younger people will like.

GnR are a big, ticket selling band. They are a band for the older people, and will be very popular. A lot of people will watch them just for a few songs, such as sweet child o mine, paradise city, the jungle one...

i'm not sure to be honest, i know i shouldnt complain and not suggest alternatives, but there arent many potential headliners available (either taken or having time off) but i think giving the opportunities to bands to take the step up would be a better gamble than pulling so old-timers in to do it.

Arcade Fire subbing The Strokes, Gorillaz and Daft Punk (they do have new material due so touring isnt out of the question) would be the ones if i could choose. obviously that wouldnt go down too well which i why i said elsewhere if there has to be a heavier act then lostprophets or My Chemical Romance are growing to headline material