Wickham Festival 2010

Guest Medina

http://www.wickhamfestival.co.uk

Wickham Festival

August 5 to 8, 2010

Wickham, near Fareham, Hampshire

Levellers, Peatbog Faeries, Shooglenifty, Salsa Celtica, Wolfstone, Show of Hands, Eliza Carthy, Martyn Joseph, Dervish, The Undertones, Uiscedwr, Hazel O'Connor & The Subterraneans, Chris Wood, Steve Tilston, Asere, Tyde, Koshka, The Men They Couldn't Hang, 3 Daft Monkeys, The Mighty Zulu Nation, Cupola, Black Bart and lots more.

Plus The Groovy Movie Solar-Powered Cinema, Storytelling, Hand To Mouth Theatre Company, Childrens Entertainers, Exotic Foods Fayre, Healing Area, Wadworths Real Ale Bars, Craft Fayre , Late Licence and...

One of the most picturesque villages in southern England with tea gardens, bistros, wine bar, village pub, Chesapeake Mill, village bakery, farmshop and more, just a few minutes walk away.

It's a great place for a holiday... :P

Edited by Medina

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Get that Marrooned in a fluorescent jacket and have him patrolling the village.. he`ll soon be sniffin out any Southern Conservatives with his Gin and Tonic Monitor and Cardigan Scanner.

Villages cease to exist North of Doncaster. It is my intention to plan a trip abroad to explore some villages. I might begin in Hampshire and travel through Dorest and take in the exotic Devon.. but that might be a little too far perhaps and not sure if my Euros would stretch that far as I`ve heard it is very expensive.

The festival does sound inviting.....

den

,,,,I think Pete/Medina already has his quota of fence guards (sorry Volunteers) - but, he knows how to get in touch!

• 1 month later...
Bet you,v got the same old goons that you had at the other festys??sorry medina but this type of heavy handed security is not condusive for music festys,shaven headed nuckle dragers!!and what about the big dog?? whats that all about??

I should add it's not just lost wallets and money that's handed-in by our honest audience.

A Morris Dancer who lost a bag with some bells in it two years ago was also re-united with his gear after it was handed-in by someone who said he hated morris dancers!

Edited by Medina

Sorry pete, forgot its your own security firm!!dog??just go to the security porta cabine mate ,saw your gentle giant roughing up a punter last year because he,d smuggled in his own booze,they hate the stewards and take the piss out off them to!!been there done that so wont be doing that again,nasty goons,

Ha! Just done a bit of research and found that Zydaco is actually an ex-steward of ours by the real name of Paul who couldn't even spell his hometown name correctly on his stewards form.

Our Chief Steward marked him down as "unreliable" when he was last with us and so we haven't invited him back.

That probably explains the chip on his shoulder!

Given his hostile comments on page 1 of this thread I was amused to find this email he sent me after our last Festival at Wickham in 2007:

"hi pete thanks for a great festy, looking forward to next year"

Obviously not!

:P

Ha! Just done a bit of research and found that Zydaco is actually an ex-steward of ours by the real name of Paul who couldn't even spell his hometown name correctly on his stewards form.

Our Chief Steward marked him down as "unreliable" when he was last with us and so we haven't invited him back.

That probably explains the chip on his shoulder!

Given his hostile comments on page 1 of this thread I was amused to find this email he sent me after our last Festival at Wickham in 2007:

"hi pete thanks for a great festy, looking forward to next year"

Obviously not!

:P

With a line up like this you'd be crazy to miss out!...

The Levellers Peatbog Faeries

Shooglenifty Salsa Celtica

Show of Hands Eliza Carthy Martyn Joseph

The Undertones The Treacherous Orchestra

Hazel O'Connor & The Subterraneans

Wolfstone Chris Wood Steve Tilston

Dervish John McSherry's At First Light

The Men They Couldn't Hang

Phew... I have writer's cramp and that's not all of them....

See you guys on 5th August!!! I can't wait!!

:P zydaco??? seems to have an issue with security team?? think he may have wanted to be a security guard but couldn't get in??? chip on shoulder???

i have been attending festivals for nearly 10 years and have seen a big change in the way security and health and safety are implemented at festivals, having attended the last 5 of pete's festivals i can categorically state that compared with 99% of festivals his security team are among the friendliest and safest, in my opinion the only people that have issues with security staff any were are people doing something wrong ???? i have not seen 1 fight? 1 assault? heard of 1 theft or heard of any one being kicked of site (this happens at a lot of festivals) at any of the last 5 of peters festivals, i for 1 hope that the big teddy bear working on the entrance last year is back this year

zydaco leave this little festival and all its team alone, you have said your peace and i think you are just being a menace

lots of love shazza

and looking forward to this years line up :P

p.s what big dog?????????????