Aerosmith O2 London Date

Guest Azzy G

wtf, that's disgusting. I'm glad I'm not a fan of Aerosmith because that is just an outrageous price! I thought £65 for ratm in Dublin was extortionate, but I never expected to see a rock gig go for more than that.

I hope Aerosmith fans do the right thing here (I know they won't) and boycott this gig, we can't let promoters milk us like this.

It seems to be fairly common for a big name band that is playing a festival to squeeze in a gig or two at a major venue, in this case probably to top up their pensions ! :P

I think the strategy is that most of the fans of a "Classic" rock band like Aerosmith will be older, therefore more established in careers, therefore will have more cash, therefore will pay. However, the older fans are less likely to be at festivals, where the younger less affluent can get to see 'em at a more-bang-for-the-buck event.

They went pretty much straight away, am shocked that Download hasn't sold out yet with the headliners it has.

Can't believe V sells out in 2 hours and Download still hasn't sold out in 2 months. Don't get me wrong Im going V as well and I know they're different festivals but still, I just don't understand how come Reading will sell out on the day too, and Download takes months, just doesn't make sense

They went pretty much straight away, am shocked that Download hasn't sold out yet with the headliners it has.

Can't believe V sells out in 2 hours and Download still hasn't sold out in 2 months. Don't get me wrong Im going V as well and I know they're different festivals but still, I just don't understand how come Reading will sell out on the day too, and Download takes months, just doesn't make sense

I agree the touts are a factor, but those are huge bands and if people are willing to pay that high for a single show for Aerosmith, I vcan't believe they won't pay the extra money and get a weekend ticket for Download even if they just use it for the Sunday and watch the full day support line up too.

It baffles me how Download hasn't sold out yet, I know it's potentially expanded to 100000+ tickets this year, but Reading and Leeds will sell 200000 tickets in a matter of hours, even with much smaller headliners. I don't think it's so much the touts though but just having thousands of 16 years olds set on going to get pissed and not have a curfue.

Maybe it is just about building a market and audience, and once Download does that properly it'll sell out without an amazing line up. Apparently presale ticket sales were up 3x this year after last year sold out.

They seem to decide how big the festival will be based on ticket sales though, so I'm not convinced that the sell out last year was necessarily them selling all the potential tickets they could have...

The big festivals like R&L, Glasto & V sell a load of tickets to people who don't' even know who's playing. A load of people I work with bought V tickets, when asing them about the line-up they only knew KOL were there.

Download audience seems more discerning towards the line-up.

Still, you'd have thought that with AC/DC Rage Against The Machine and Aerosmith the tickets would be flying off the shelves!

But I'm glad that they're not: Download crowds don't expect the tickets to sell out quickly and so don't rush to get them. With these headliners if the people thought the tickets would sell out straight away everyone would rush to get them, and therefore they would sell out. I hope Download doesn't get hyped up enough for that to happen, but if line-ups in successive years stay this good its only a matter of time before that starts happening I think.

Edited by armthehomeless

I think with Reading and V people expect them to sell out instantly nowadays so everyone is ready to buy as soon as they go on sale rather than risk missing out, with download people know they have longer and buy over a period of weeks.

Edit: I was thinking about going to see Aerosmith at the O2 but the price has stopped meand most people I know from going, over £100 is just too much.

Edited by bouncingflea