Official predictions 2010

Guest olly!olly!olly!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'll bite,

It's very easy to criticise without showing your hand, please enlighten us with your superior musical agenda, that serves as a better alternatives to the mentioned bands, who are all (apart from POD) cracking live acts, who are still very much in demand, fairly sure all of their recent appearances have sold out.

Fall Out Boy, Maximo Park, The Fratellis, The Enemy, We Are Scientists, Editors, Avenged Sevenfold, Panic at the Disco, The Coral, Razorlight, Sum 41, The Darkness...

These are all bands to have played (or been booked) in the slots people are touting LB and Korn for, it would hardly be a step down form any of the above! In fact it would be a significant step up in most cases.

Either way, it's just your opinion, and seeing as we went 3 pages on the LB thread before you chimed in witht the first negative comment I'd say you're in the minority, on these boards at the very least.

Edited by crazypete86

It doesn't matter to me if the bands you've mentioned have previously performed in these slots, wherever Limp Bizkit or Korn play I'll still think they're shite - even if they open up the Lockup Stage on the Friday. The fact another substandard/better band might have performed that slot the year before has nothing to do with it.

It is my opinion yes, but it's your opinion too. Sorry to ruin the love-in but just because you're in the majority doesn't automatically mean that you're right. In any case this is a discussion board, opinions will arise. Free your miiiind maaaaan.

You still have not said who you'd prefer in those slots. Enlighten us.

Maybe hes saying he should go to V because you wont see that type of music at that festival.

Opinions or no opinions R&L are an alternative festival where you will see acts from different genres in alternative music. Korn, limp bizkit, POD and all mentioned above are covered in that. If you don't want to go to festival that will have this type of music don't go, or don't winge that they shouldn't be there because we all know thats bollocks.

Theres bands I dont like all over reading and leeds but I won't question there integrity for being there. Just state that I don't like them and put a case forward for who I would personally put there and the reasons for why.

You still have not said who you'd prefer in those slots. Enlighten us.

Maybe hes saying he should go to V because you wont see that type of music at that festival.

Opinions or no opinions R&L are an alternative festival where you will see acts from different genres in alternative music. Korn, limp bizkit, POD and all mentioned above are covered in that. If you don't want to go to festival that will have this type of music don't go, or don't winge that they shouldn't be there because we all know thats bollocks.

Theres bands I dont like all over reading and leeds but I won't question there integrity for being there. Just state that I don't like them and put a case forward for who I would personally put there and the reasons for why.

I don't claim to have a superior musical agenda, I just think Limp Bizkit, Korn, POD et all are all absolutely rubbish bands. I thought they were crap when I was 14 and still think they are now, it doesn't matter if they've been around for years. Nickelback have been around for a while but that doesn't mean they're not absolutely terrible.

You're the one claiming this dude should be going to V as if that's the place where all people whose musical tastes don''t quite match your own should be headed, while we at Reading enjoy rock royalty, the very cream of the musical crop- Limp Bizkit and Korn. I mean, come on.

For the record, I've never been to V.

woah i have opened up a can of worms here.

just because noone said anything negative about limp bizkit on the topic about them proves nothing, i avoid the topics that i have no interest in, that being one of them.

i know there will be bands there i dont like, most of the friday mainstage (leeds) and the lock-up stage will be avoided, but just because i dont like Korn doesnt mean i am going to go to V, as Leeds will generally have more bands that I like playing and dont fill up the stages with pop nonsense and bands like snow patrol and stereophonics.

i think the rock love-in on these boards makes it easy to distort the view of popularity, i am pretty sure Klaxons would get a bigger crowd than Korn on the mainstage at R&L

Conversely, I think Limp Bizkit would get a bigger audience then Klaxons.

It's all about striking a balance, and hopefully the bookers manage to do that this year - they've never done a bad job imo albeit maybe leaving the rockers a bit short changed in recent years (No doubt Soni and Download helped with that).

Imo the biggest problem atm is their inability not to rebook half of last years line up, it baffles me tbh. Is Reading/Leeds really running out of bands to book or something? :/.

To be honest I would really like to see limp bizkit live, I know half there music is actually aload if crap lol but I'm guessing at least half of you was loving some of their songs back in the day with seven dollar bill now that in my opinion was their best album. Then onto the old chocolate starfish was pretty big back then, especialy what I hear from when they played Reading years was meant to be a bit crazy to say the least! Would def be worth seeing even if they are only half as good as they used to be. You could do alot worse let's put it that way and I'm guessing maybe this year there probably already is lol

I'd like to add Bizkit support.

Regardless if you hate them or not they are a great live band then and now (RAR and DL 09) that would still draw and entertain a huge crowd.

EDIT.

Alot of people predicting GnR, are they serious rumours? If they get announced im going, if MCR and Green Day get announced I wont even watch it on the box.

Edited by Chinese Democracy

main

FRIDAY:

GUNS AND ROSES[/i]

[i]My Chemical Romance

The Offspring

SATURDAY

BLINK 182

Gorillaz

Weezer

The Cribs

SUNDAY