1st timers

Guest chrisk

Practical advice is what I asked for (and mostly got), not patronising advice. I can make my own choices.

You are simply offering a bad/worst case scenario in hypothesis eg. "This bad thing will happen" and "make mistakes". Everyone else has answered the questions with practical advise - so thanks to those.

I expect you really enjoy popping your hi-vis jacket on and stand by a gate tutting at people having fun.

twat

Nope, the convenience stall (the one with the yellow sign) sell bottles of spirits, or at least they did last year when I checked. £20 a bottle though, which is pretty steep! They also carry a couple of crates at the start of the fest, or again, they did last year.
Edited by paulo999

Nope, the convenience stall (the one with the yellow sign) sell bottles of spirits, or at least they did last year when I checked. £20 a bottle though, which is pretty steep! They also carry a couple of crates at the start of the fest, or again, they did last year.

That has suddenly brought back memories of what happened to me and my mate in LV a

few years ago.

We had done shrooms and were on the look out for lager at about 7.00 am . Someone said

one of the stalls selling clothes that was open was selling lager under the counter so to speak.

We went in and there was a bloke that was a cross between Vic Reeves and Bono's Mr Mephisto.

When we asked for some lager he said he could not sell us any but if we bought a badge he

had a present for us.

To cut a long story short it took us about 10 mins to realise ( and lots of discussions about badges ) that we had to buy a badge to obtain the lager that we could see on the floor behind him

:P:(:P:(:(

That has suddenly brought back memories of what happened to me and my mate in LV a

few years ago.

We had done shrooms and were on the look out for lager at about 7.00 am . Someone said

one of the stalls selling clothes that was open was selling lager under the counter so to speak.

We went in and there was a bloke that was a cross between Vic Reeves and Bono's Mr Mephisto.

When we asked for some lager he said he could not sell us any but if we bought a badge he

had a present for us.

To cut a long story short it took us about 10 mins to realise ( and lots of discussions about badges ) that we had to buy a badge to obtain the lager that we could see on the floor behind him

:P:P:P:P:(

Practical advice is what I asked for (and mostly got), not patronising advice. I can make my own choices.

You are simply offering a bad/worst case scenario in hypothesis eg. "This bad thing will happen" and "make mistakes". Everyone else has answered the questions with practical advise - so thanks to those.

I expect you really enjoy popping your hi-vis jacket on and stand by a gate tutting at people having fun.

twat

It's also good advice to newbies not to go around calling other posters names when they no nothing about the person in question.

Glasto Woker was offering advice in his capacity of having worked there for many years and having seen many newbies take stuff and end up being cared for by paramedics.

There is simply no need for name calling Almagra, your parents must be very proud of you. :P

Why such a hostile vibe on this thread? Didn't it start out with 1st timers asking for advice and help, maybe looking for answers to questions they hadn't even thought of yet? Isn't there a mainly friendly atmosphere at Glasto? People look out for each other before, during and after the festival.

Why ruin a thread like this? You've ruined my happy Glasto vibe. Why not take your argument and start a new topic, clearly titled so that nobody else stumbles across it. IMO most people on this site are excited and happy, they (I) don't need this negativity. :P

Why such a hostile vibe on this thread? Didn't it start out with 1st timers asking for advice and help, maybe looking for answers to questions they hadn't even thought of yet? Isn't there a mainly friendly atmosphere at Glasto? People look out for each other before, during and after the festival.

Why ruin a thread like this? You've ruined my happy Glasto vibe. Why not take your argument and start a new topic, clearly titled so that nobody else stumbles across it. IMO most people on this site are excited and happy, they (I) don't need this negativity. :P

Edited by cejx

Bloody Hell - this is nothing. Have a read of the Robbie Williams thread in the chat section!

Incidentally, regarding drugs, you've no more an idea what you are buying outside of the festival than you are buying inside the festival. I've bought some cracking stuff up at the stone circle before now - and some right duds! Same as the real world. Additionally, I have suffered far worse effects from buying legal highs - thus perceived 'safe' drugs than the illegal variety. I'd steer well clear of these.

Bloody Hell - this is nothing. Have a read of the Robbie Williams thread in the chat section!

Incidentally, regarding drugs, you've no more an idea what you are buying outside of the festival than you are buying inside the festival. I've bought some cracking stuff up at the stone circle before now - and some right duds! Same as the real world. Additionally, I have suffered far worse effects from buying legal highs - thus perceived 'safe' drugs than the illegal variety. I'd steer well clear of these.

Incidentally, regarding drugs, you've no more an idea what you are buying outside of the festival than you are buying inside the festival. I've bought some cracking stuff up at the stone circle before now - and some right duds! Same as the real world.

From my very limited knowledge of the matter, I believe many people go to the same dealer time after time; someone who's been recommended to them; someone who wants repeat custom. Selling you duds doesn't help them.

Whereas a stranger at a festival can sell you any old crap, and you'll never see them again.

Doesn't mean to say you can't score at a festival. I'm sure you can. Not that I've ever tried.

I'm pretty sure you're more likely to get ripped off at Glastonbury in 2010 than you were in 1990.

The amount of visible dealing at the festival has absolutely plummeted in the last few years, the stone circle used to be a veritable barter based supermarket for plant based drugs at least.

That said, agree with the warnings of the dangers of buying stuff at a festival, and taking it there. The worst you'll get with some dodgy hash is an oxo cube, but one year some (ex) friends talked me and the mrs into finding and doing some acid. I only took a tiny amount once it was found, but the mrs had no idea and boshed the whole thing. Cue 18 hours in the tent reassuring her and calming her down, followed by us both being wiped out for the rest of the festival.

It suddenly struck me at that point why the fine guide warning on drugs is as it is. Utter, utter facepalm moment, and a waste of a festival for both of us.

So yeah, in an entirely non judgemental way, do be careful out there.

I am into motobikes , which I appreciate is a dangerous past-time , I accept that every time I go

out on it and sadly 2 bikers were killed less than 1 mile from my house the other week.

Whilst I appreciate people showing concern and having views on motor bikes I do would not

appreciate

"go ahead make mistakes it will not affect me ! "

:P

I am into motobikes , which I appreciate is a dangerous past-time , I accept that every time I go

out on it and sadly 2 bikers were killed less than 1 mile from my house the other week.

Whilst I appreciate people showing concern and having views on motor bikes I do would not

appreciate

"go ahead make mistakes it will not affect me ! "

:P

What if you asked advice on setting off full pelt on an ungritted icy road?

And the response was "only an idiot would go full pelt on ice without special tyres"

Would you respond "f**k off grandad"?

Wouldn't the responder be perfectly justified saying "OK, feel free to make your own mistakes"?

(I used to have a scooter. Left the house on an icy morning. Brushed the ice off the seat. Hopped on. Set off as normal. Hit a frozen puddle, went into a kerb, totalled the scooter and did damage to my shoulder that's still with me. My advice is to go easy on the ice! But, if you don't want my advice, go ahead.)

Don't know if they were glass or not, but they were on display. Top shelf, left hand side. Advertised for £20 each. They also had 2l bottles of Strongbow on sale, as well as a couple of crates of lager/cider on the floor and some more round the back. This was the stall near the Chill 'n' Charge behind the Other Stage.

• 1 month later...