Feedback on Tangerine Fields camping

Guest giz

I've not stayed in Tangerine Fields before but saw their set up at Bestival. They looked pretty good - the tents were good quality, not too tightly packed together and they had a good location fairly near the entrance and a short walk from the loos and some good food stalls... unfortunatley this meant the field got really, really muddy so many of the tents were in about a foot of mud! But then so was everybody!

When I saw them they didn't have the showers etc that they are offering at Glasto.

I was tempted to book into Tangerine Fields myself this year but it is very,very expensive (in my opinion) - If you can afford it it is probably worth it in order to guarantee a tent in a good spot and to avoid the hassle of tramping back and forth with your tent, putting it up etc.

They always seemed to have a member of staff/team of staff supervising whenever we walked past.

All in all, seems a nice luxury!

Tangerine fields is also outside of the main festival ground, so, like the campervan fields, you'll need your ticket to get in and out everytime you want to go back to the tent. I always found this a hassle when I took the van with me, the last few years I've camped down in the festival and found the experience much more relaxing (doesn't matter if you can't find your ticket anymore!)...for the price of a pitched tent for one weekend, you could get him a rather lovely tent that he can put up himself, and use for many festivals to come.

I take your point on the tent and the walking to and fro but,

Eighteen, away with your girlfriend, someone else paying, clean toilets, showers, minimum luggage and relatively secure camping ... or

pitch where you can/wherever is left, lug the world with you - twice (through mud), no guarantee of a short walk, crappers not fit to crap in, no prospect of easy washing ...

Ummm, now which would I choose? :P

Eighteen, away with your girlfriend, someone else paying, clean toilets, showers, minimum luggage and relatively secure camping ... or

pitch where you can/wherever is left, lug the world with you - twice (through mud), no guarantee of a short walk, crappers not fit to crap in, no prospect of easy washing ...

Thanks for the responses folks, I get the atmosphere and opportunity for the new experience thing. I will leave it up to the boy and his girlfriend.

In case they still want to go for it I'd still like to hear more from anyone who has seen the Tangerine setup elsewhere.

Just about to book a tent for my son and his girlfriend, does anybody have any experience of using Tangerine Fields at other festivals - what is their setup like, are they any good basically. Many thanks

Thanks again for the replies - I really do get the points raised.

This is going off topic but if he sleeps in a tent inside or outside of the festival is basically his business and a decision he can make given all the info available, and not wanting to offend anyones sensibilities, it is my cash.

What I still need to know is peoples opinions of the Tangerine Fields camping set up based on what they have seen or heard at other festivals or events. Many thanks in advance.

This is going off topic but if he sleeps in a tent inside or outside of the festival is basically his business and a decision he can make given all the info available, and not wanting to offend anyones sensibilities, it is my cash.

What I still need to know is peoples opinions of the Tangerine Fields camping set up based on what they have seen or heard at other festivals or events. Many thanks in advance.

Another thing to consider, is that the Tangerine Field's setup is in the far North East corner. It's an OK location for the Pyramid and other stuff in that corner, but a very long walk from the late night entertainment areas. I always camp in the Southern part of the site, as that's the areas that I like to be near.

You may want a coffee before you start out with your crayons in the morning dvjj.

My son and his girlfriend are in a tent me and my friends are in my campervan. Different threads for different posts. That spam smell may be a little closer to home

Genuine thanks for all the replies and points strongly made. This has turned out not to be just a simple question around booking a tent. I am impressed with the advice and peoples strength of feeling - even dvjj who believes me to be the devil - dvjj, pop round to the van for a beer and do my best to convince you I am bona fide.

I have booked him the tent now, so what will be etc.

Roll on June

Best regards,

Mr Festering Denial (sorry, couldn't resist that one)

surely at 18, he won't careless about clean showers etc
Edited by madspaceangel

I stayed in a mini tipi thing when I went with my Irish mates to Oxygen in 2007 who just weren't up for camping. Tangerine Fields was right next to us and looked to be a nice set up. Nothing that posh but everything is all there for you when you arrive. On that occassion we were really glad to have everything set up for us as it had been pissing down so much that all the car parks were closed and we had been stood in the rain waiting for a shuttle bus for hours. Also a lot of the crowd were not the best there either. There is no way on earth though that I would want to stay outside the fence at Glasto though but if that is the decision I think he'd be fine.

Edited by Helsbels