The Crooked Vultures

Guest Old Mosher

Wow! There is so much wrong with that post that I struggle to even start to respond!

You are not so much being negative towards the festival, as you are the bands. And that is what will make people call you a few childish names!

To say that RATM are only there because they got the Xmas no. 1 is ridiculous. If you "love" rock music as you claim to, you will know that they have done just a few things before that!! :P

It does amaze me that people come out with things like "the lineup looks quite poor this year" when NINE bands have been announced.

I'm not overly excited by Soundgarden or Van Halen myself, but if they get announced, its TWO bands! Out of what? 100 odd? It hardly makes it a poor line up does it?

And even though I don't like them, I have to respect the impact that they have had on Rock music. I have friends who don't like AC/DC but they still respect that they are a huge band and an awesome addition to the line up.

The simple response here is just to say, why don't you just wait and see who is actually announced before you get on your soapbox and start whining like a child because the line up is poor!

Rant over.

Im going to excuse your insulting and immature comment because you look like your a kid, im hardly whining!? i also didnt say i didnt respect any of the bands mentioned did i? where do you get this stuff from? everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i also said poor line up looks like a poor one,as in band announced and rumoured, why dont you actually read what people write before you jump to conclusions..i think its ridiculus to not take into account that the number one has increased their status to pop masses ten fold and that is a HUGE factor as to why they are rumoured...just because people dont think like you doesnt mean their wrong now does it.you would think you worked for download or it was your baby....everyone must love download,RATM and soungarden.or they will be shot by nazis.fact
Edited by bekimo

I'm going to say this as simply as I can. Firstly, how can you say I have not read your post when you blatently did not read mine properly?

Me. Insulting and Immature? Ok. That's your opinion. I disagree, in general. I have my moments like everyone does!! :P "You look like you're a kid" - Thank you. I think I might be starting to like you now. I am actually 28! (Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone!)

-snip-

Saw TCV in hammersmith,they were very good although the venue was way overcrowded.If they played led zep covers that would almost buy my ticket :P

Its a shame that the lineup looks and is rumoured to be quite poor this year. Having read a few posts on here aerosmith(without tyler),van halen,soundgarden,ratm,jay z is nothing to be excited about...

no one listens to van halen anymore,soundgarden compared to audioslave are weak and ratm only have a mention because they conquered a pop chart...yes a POP chart...

Dont get me wrong i love rock , having been to download the last three years but so far sonisphere has alot more going for it in terms of decent live rock acts at this point in time, as does rock am ring

Rock on the range looks like an awesome lineup!

Now im being negative towards the "mighty" download fest ill probably get called a few childish names..meh ill get over it kids:P

• 3 months later...

You know what, a lot of the bands playing Download are playing other festivals all weekend such as Deftones, Stone Temple Pilots, Wolfmother [playing Nova Rock Sunday meaning no Sword song with Slash im afraid], Stone Sour etc

But TCV have NO dates at all, they're playing Rock AM Ring the week before and then a festival in Norway at the end of the month, shows what a coup they are really, and it also looks like they're gunna stick around the whole weekend

Another thing is Sweethead have no dates at all either

Really looks like we COULD get a secret Queens of the Stone set or Foo set or some hybrid between the two bands

I hope so anyway it would be awesome, I can't understand why TCV wouldn't be playing other festivals otherwise when everyone else does

You know what, a lot of the bands playing Download are playing other festivals all weekend such as Deftones, Stone Temple Pilots, Wolfmother [playing Nova Rock Sunday meaning no Sword song with Slash im afraid], Stone Sour etc

But TCV have NO dates at all, they're playing Rock AM Ring the week before and then a festival in Norway at the end of the month, shows what a coup they are really, and it also looks like they're gunna stick around the whole weekend

Really looks like we COULD get a secret Queens of the Stone set or Foo set or some hybrid between the two bands

I hope so anyway it would be awesome, I can't understand why TCV wouldn't be playing other festivals otherwise when everyone else does

Edited by Greeny_Musicchild

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeCyYm1YiW0...layer_embedded#!

Taylor Hawkins band on Jimmy Kimmel.

Ive grown to quite like the album

Never understood bands where drummers are the singer, surely they're knackered half way through a set?

Edited by Spengs Muck

Had a listen to the TH album on my lunchtime walk today, was quite impressed, it's kind of like a bit of Weezer, QOTSA and the Foos mixed together with a dash of Queen. Pretty awesome, and certainly good walking music :P