possible sunday headliner?

Guest tennentsontour

If Gorillaz headline (and to be honest, if they did I'm sure it would be on a Friday, which obv. ain't happening), it would be a bit crap. Much as they're good, they've got nowhere enough material and just aren't big enough. Headling Coachella? More fool them. I'd rather put my mp3 on and watch scooby doo on the cartoon channel.

Couldn't agree more, I haven't heard anything new from the gorillaz for ages, also their previous stuff isn't even that great. I know i'm not going but I seriously hope giddings doesn't make them sun headliner, it would be damaging to the IOW's credibility. For a festival that started out as a rock fest there sure aren't any rock bands playing for its 40th anniverssary.

If Gorillaz headline (and to be honest, if they did I'm sure it would be on a Friday, which obv. ain't happening), it would be a bit crap. Much as they're good, they've got nowhere enough material and just aren't big enough. Headling Coachella? More fool them. I'd rather put my mp3 on and watch scooby doo on the cartoon channel.

40 tracks on two albums? Really? Gorillaz are definitely not big enough to headline and would be a pretty rubbish headliner, though would be great lower on the bill. James' crowd will be spilling out of the big top.

TBH the Strokes aren't big enough to headline anymore, unless their fourth album is amazing...

Gorrilaz:

Re-Hash

5/4

Tomorrow Comes Today

New Genious

Clint Eastwood

Man Research

Punk

Sound Check

Double Bas

Rock the House

19-2000

Latin Simone

Starshine

Slow Country

M1 A1

Dracula

Left Hand Suzuki Method

Demon Days:

Intro

Last Living Souls

Kids with Guns

O Green World

Dirty Harry

Feel Good Inc.

El Mañana

Every Planet We Reach Is Dead

November Has Come

All Alone

White Light

DARE

Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Hea

Don't Get Lost in Heaven

Demon Days

The Swagga

We Are Happy Landfill

68 State

People

Hong Kong

Makes 37 tracks in total.

Personal opinion I know, but I'd say that they are definitely big enough for the IW as headliner and would nail it.

Although that said I don't think they will headline, the logistics would prevent them IMO.

If Damon Albarn could pull out all the stops and get all the required guests, Gorillaz could be a huge headliner for any festival, would love to see them at T myself. Theres so much potential that could go into any live show they do, like say below, but on a huge stage meaning more backdrops, screens, lighting, visuals (say in the same terms that The Chemical Bros did) etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESgNPDTmXYU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FYux68qf8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0qOOxaAgpM

Plus, the rarity of said live show would make it special in its own right.

I wouldnt want the gorillaz. I personally dont think they are big enough and it doesnt matter how many songs they have i just dont believe the would be a good way to close the festival. Tbh if Damon Albarn was to play i would rather he was with the rest of blur and that cockney man who was on eastenders and sings in parklife. :P

Daft Punk ??

I know its a long shot but if you think about it,

1.Theres rumours of a 2010 tour

2.They arn't shy to playing UK festivals other than Glasto (Rockness & Oxygen 2007)

3.I doubt they will be on the Glastonbury line up, same with V & TiTP

I would personally love it to happen. What are your thoughts ?