disabled camping with van

Guest guypjfreak

ive got some friends coming down who usually camp with us in a tent .

this year they are going to camp in the disabled camping area but are they allowed to take there camper on or is it tents only as like the rest of site.

:P thank you :P

They have to apply direct to festival to be allowed access to the disabled area, the address for applications is on the official site.. A copy of DLA award document of high or middle rate in the name of the ticket holder is part of criteria for access. This along with blue badge information and the Seetickets final booking reference number that the disabled persons name is alongside has to be sent with application form to the site.

Space is very limited for vehicles (caravans/campers ect) in the disabled area so they have to unfortunately be fairly strict on the numbers allowed which is why they need all the info on the disabled person attending and even then its not guarenteed that the application will be successful.

edit to say...... there is a time limit on applications, all info has to be sent well in advance, (i think its May when applications close) there is no way to acccess disabled camping if you just try to turn up there on arrival without prior booking a place......hope this helps

After such a comprehensive answer from DD adding anything else seems churlish, but I won't let that stop me.

Although there is limited space for campers in the disabled camping, as long as your friends have a legitimate reason and jump through the hoops DD described, they'll be fine. The space wasn't exactly over subscribed last year as far as I could tell, they didn't seem like numbers had been a prime consideration.

Just make sure they get the forms etc from the official site asap.

The only couple of things I will add to that excellent reply is that the official glasto disabled page is here

Glasto Disabled Page

And that you might not get a response till mid Feb from the email on the site - nothing to panic about as most of the Glasto offices only start getting "officially" staffed at the start of feb

But don't dally - especially with special requests - the sooner the team know about them the more they can do.