Latitude 2010

RaymondM

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're so bad I'd be tempted to go see them armed with a few bottles and a full bladder. They're one of the worst bands I've ever heard.

I'm not THAT upset :P... and of course I'll be going to see something else. The comedy line-up looks particularly good with a few other gems scattered about. :P

Thats a bit harsh! Have you ever seen them? I'm not a fan at all. I can't stand the music and won't pretend to like them. However, I saw them at the IOW a few of years ago as you couldnt escape to a second stage so had to make do with what was on the mainstage. They are all great musicians and 4 part harmony isnt something you see very often. So even though the songs arent to everyones liking you can appreciate what they do as musicians. If of course you appreciate good musicianship.

Failing that, like everyone says there's shed loads to do at Latitude...go somewhere else.

They are all great musicians and 4 part harmony isnt something you see very often. So even though the songs arent to everyones liking you can appreciate what they do as musicians. If of course you appreciate good musicianship.

Failing that, like everyone says there's shed loads to do at Latitude...go somewhere else.

I cerainly do appreciate good music, which is why I'm coming to a festival which has booked Grizzly Bear, Yeasayer and These New Puritans, all sensationally gifted musicians and, in the case of Grizzly Bear, purveyors of beautiful four part harmonies.

What I object to is mindlessly trite Radio 2 fodder like the Feeling. Frankly there's a few other acts on there I could do without, such as Florence, but none the make me want to cut off my ears in quite the same way that the Feeling do

And I yes for the third time I WILL be going somewhere else (Spoon or Laura Marling for example) but aren't these forums meant for expressing your opinions about the acts playing?

You folks would baulk at the vitriol on the T in the Park forum. Now there's a festival with a piss-poor line-up this year...

I'm trying to persuade my friend to come with me for the first time (I know, shocking I have to "persuade"!) as I really want to go to Latitude this year and the line up is right up my street :P But she's been put off a little by all the personal safety advice, so I thought I'd ask has anyone had any problems whilst being at Latitude? Is the crowd usually a chilled bunch of people or is there much likelihood of being trouble? I know you can't help the few idiots that crop up everywhere. I'm there either way, not missing it this year!

I'm trying to persuade my friend to come with me for the first time (I know, shocking I have to "persuade"!) as I really want to go to Latitude this year and the line up is right up my street :P But she's been put off a little by all the personal safety advice, so I thought I'd ask has anyone had any problems whilst being at Latitude? Is the crowd usually a chilled bunch of people or is there much likelihood of being trouble? I know you can't help the few idiots that crop up everywhere. I'm there either way, not missing it this year!

I work in one of the bars and Latitude has far more Polite customers than any other event and has to be a lot safer than many events I work at each year.

going by Latitude

all weekend and individual day tickets for Latitude Festival 2010 have now sold out.

So you may not have much choice in the matter

I work in one of the bars and Latitude has far more Polite customers than any other event and has to be a lot safer than many events I work at each year.

going by Latitude

all weekend and individual day tickets for Latitude Festival 2010 have now sold out.

So you may not have much choice in the matter

:P:P I'm gutted, I could cry! My friend was finally up for it and I had enough money to get the ticket and it's SOLD OUT!!?? Damn. Does anyone think they'll release more tickets? I won't have enough money to buy one off a tout :P

:P:P I'm gutted, I could cry! My friend was finally up for it and I had enough money to get the ticket and it's SOLD OUT!!?? Damn. Does anyone think they'll release more tickets? I won't have enough money to buy one off a tout :P

I remember the first year Latitude was held in 2006 and I am sure there was tickets on sale right up to the event but five years later you have to be a lot quicker.

viagogo and scarletmist.com may be your only options although one has to wonder why there was so many single day tickets on sale so quickly { on the viagogo site }

Good luck

viagogo and scarletmist.com may be your only options although one has to wonder why there was so many single day tickets on sale so quickly { on the viagogo site }

Because Viagogo.con, unlike Scarlet Mist, seems to be inhabited primarily by touts. Disgracefully, this activity is officially sanctioned by Festival Republic who have made them an official partner and link to them from the Latitude website. Scumbags, the lot of them.

Incidentally, an auction I had been following on Ebay for 2 weekend camping tickets has just ended at £570 for the pair. That's still about £200 more than I want to pay but is, coincidentally, also £200 less than the cheapest pair currently available on Verminagogo.con.

• 2 weeks later...

if you're quick, we're giving away tickets to Latitude and four of our other favourite festivals, plus £1000 spending money over on DrownedinSound.com. Plus lots of great runners up prizes. http://drownedinsound.com/news/4139789

p.s. apologies for 'spamming' but i presume folks would wanna win stuffz!

Edited by seaninsound

• 2 weeks later...

I have been allocated a WBC volunteer place at Latitude { I have attended ever since it first started in 2006 }

Funny enough I am more excited about Latitude than Glastonbury { I have a place at glasto } as its a lot more relaxing than Glasto.

• 4 weeks later...

ive got 2 genuine vodafone vip tickets, weekend guest camping.

i cannot make it as im up in scotland doing other stuff, but if someone wants to contact me i will flog them onwards.

they can allow access to exclusive vodafone vip viewing - aparently u put your name down, first come first served.

and some other stuff that i dont know about yet, currently waiting delivery of these.

will flog on ebay if cant get an offer from here.

send me a pm and i will get back to you

does anyone know the line up times yet?

or do you just have to buy them at latitude?

i have never been, first one. anything i should know for my first latitude?

cheers

Times are normally put up for each individual act on the website a couple of days before the festival.

You can buy a programme for about £10 which has the timings in. Stage times are put up around the site and you can ask the stewards who all carry up to date timings.

If you look on the official forum someone with too much time on their hands usually puts together a printable timetable.

There is a rough one there at the moment based on last years timings but there will be better ones once the official times are up

They are generally pretty good - I normally print off half a dozen as I constantly lose them throughout the day!

anything i should know for my first latitude?

My advice is to check out the poetry tent. I'm a bit of a philistine myself, but i've been blown away by the stuff in there including the legendary Saul Williams, Scroobius Pip, John Cooper Clarke and millions of others. The comedy tent is always rammed, but worth it. Go and watch Paul Heaton (the lead singer of the Beautiful South) - I know that doesn't sound too exciting, but the guy is a brilliant entertainer and the crowd loved him last time. At night, head to the Into the Woods area for old school raves. It's a traditional campsite/arena festival, so if you want to avoid paying the extortionate fees at my bar, work out how you're going to smuggle things past the very thorough security checks on your way from the campsite into the arena.

Lots of thefts from tents in the campsite last year. Don't leave anything in there you can't afford to lose. The security have been a bit heavy in the past. Fine if you're a law-abiding Guardian reader; be careful if you're not.

Other than that, the advice has got to be: check out the weird off-beat stuff. Although the programmes are expensive, they're beautifully made and worth having to find out what's going on in all the small venues.

cheers

Just like every other clashfinder - it is ' subject to Change '

http://bugs.rdmsoft.com/latitude/

Latitude does have one benefit if you are a real ale drinker as Hektor's is on sale and it comes from Henham Park and it should be a lot cheaper than real ales at Glastonbury. I don't drink real ale myself but I know there is huge demand for it and in 2008 30,000 pints were sold before it ran out. { production has been stepped up in later years }

Unlike Glasto when it rains it drains away quickly.

cheers

Fully agree the program is well worth the tenner, a wealth of info on who is on the smaller stages so you can make an informed choice on what to go and see.

As to what to go and see...

I'd recommend and of Robin Ince's book club shows in the literature tent, Marcus Brigstock's early edition in the comedy tent, Adam Buxton's BUG in the cinema tent as good alternatives to the music. The cabaret is also good for a laugh and something different and provided one of last years highlights for us (small child turning to parent when a drag act was on and saying 'daddy, is that a boy?' at full volume).

Plus the food on site has been ace the last couple of years :D