rage against the machine for christmas no1!

Guest rory_oh

Mutiny!

In this vast network of sharks and minnows,

where the minnows outnumber the sharks a million to one,

why is it that we have yet to converge?

To take on the upperhand?

Why have we been so scared?

Well not today, not anymore; this is us growing up,

still young, but no longer impressionable.

We have come to pillage.

We have come to burn.

We have come to incite the riot.

We have come to take it over.

Heroes have betrayed, we sing for better days.

Don't sign our lives away to impure industries.

Edited by dakyras

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vietnow would have been a better song to use:

Turn on tha radio, nah f**k it turn it off

Fear is your only god on the radio

Nah f**k it, turn it off

Turn it off, turn on tha radio, nah f**k it turn it off

Nah f**k it, your saviour's my guillotine, crosses and kerosene

Nah f**k it, turn it off

Nah f**k it, turn it off

I think that's exactly why many people have backed the RATM campaign, the X Factor organisers think that they have the automatic right to gain the Christmas number one spot because of their show and it's popularity.

Now a bunch of like-minded people have decided to buy a song that they like to get to the top spot and actually challenge the X Factor monopoly, they are getting all pissed off at it.

Very true, and to say that the people who have bought the RATM track don't care about the charts is probably not right, it's just they've not had anything to care about before.

In reality you could argue that the lack of singles sales over the last decade is proof that fewer people agree with what is being promoted to us.

The main reason I don't like this campaign is because I know that half my friends that have joined the Facebook group have watched Xfactor at some point. I have watched whole episodes of Xfactor before with them, and enjoyed it! So I can't complain about Xfactor, and I can't complain about the charts being crap either because I don't give a f**k what's at number one.

Having said that, it will be funny if Rage get to number one, just because the media will make such a big deal of it. Then after about 10 minutes of listening to various opinions on this sensation, I will be bored and wish it had never happened.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Just read this, totally agree, except I'm already wishing it never happened. In fact the moment I wanted for this bullshit to end started about four seconds after I heard about it;the four seconds it took me to realise how utterly retarded this self-defeating protest is.

Pointless, misguided, self-defeating, hypocritical and just plain daft. But then I doubt the people buying into this have trouble seeing beyond themselves or truly questioning their motivations. The one over-riding thought is "I must buy this because I am more or less in this group of people". Make no misstake, that's exactly what people like Cowell need; easily pigeon-holed demographics. It makes his job a lot easier.

This protest will achieve nothing, but feel free to pretend.

I no longer have any sympathy for Cheryl about her husband. Ashley is the lesser evil.

Purple monkey, you're right. Owning the song already, I haven't bought it again. But think of it this way. If Killing in the Name wins the race, the legacy will be:

1) Putting a decent amount of money into a charity.

2) Putting SHEDLOADS of money into the establishment that they claim to be trying to destroy.

3) Wiping the smile off of Simon Cowell's face.

4) Rage Against The Machine forever being included on compilation albums alongside Mr Blobby, the Spice Girls and Shayne Ward.

Three of those are extremely worthy causes. And a different three of those are funny, whether you love or loathe Rage.

Can deal with it being just for a laugh. My point was all the other pretentious shit like it's "good cause for the music chart" was utter bollocks.

But as a simple gag, I have no problems with it. Just cut the crap.

Hot dog by Limp Bizkit would have been a funnier one though. If you haven't heard the song, I suggest you check out the lyrics, very poignant, and mature.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Just read this, totally agree, except I'm already wishing it never happened. In fact the moment I wanted for this bullshit to end started about four seconds after I heard about it; the four seconds it took me to realise how utterly retarded this thing is, I'm starting to think it's some sort of cynical viral campaign set up by the intended targets, it may as well be.

Pointless, misguided, self-defeating, hypocritical and just plain daft. But then I doubt the people buying into this have trouble seeing beyond themselves or truly questioning their motivations. The one over-riding thought is "I must buy this because I am more or less in this group of people". Make no mistake, that's exactly what people like Cowell need; easily pigeon-holed demographics. It makes his job a lot easier.

Edited by Cardboard Box City

Just read this, totally agree, except I'm already wishing it never happened. In fact the moment I wanted for this bullshit to end started about four seconds after I heard about it; the four seconds it took me to realise how utterly retarded this thing is, I'm starting to think it's some sort of cynical viral campaign set up by the intended targets, it may as well be.

Pointless, misguided, self-defeating, hypocritical and just plain daft. But then I doubt the people buying into this have trouble seeing beyond themselves or truly questioning their motivations. The one over-riding thought is "I must buy this because I am more or less in this group of people". Make no mistake, that's exactly what people like Cowell need; easily pigeon-holed demographics. It makes his job a lot easier.