Backstage Tickets

Guest whiteash

I'm interested to know if the backstage tickets are worth it. This year they cost £345.

Was it access all areas for that ticket? What are the advantages? Can you see the performers on stage from any vantage point?

Any feedback be it positive or negative would be very grateful.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to know if the backstage tickets are worth it. This year they cost £345.

Was it access all areas for that ticket? What are the advantages? Can you see the performers on stage from any vantage point?

Any feedback be it positive or negative would be very grateful.

Edited by paulo999

The main backstage area (called the 'interstage area' in Glastonbury terminology) is a production area. Lots of portacabins, that type of thing. Not very glam. There is a dedicated bar that might have slightly cheaper drinks, but otherwise a fairly sterile atmosphere.

Sounds like the VIP tickets for Coachella - segregated viewing platform for most venues, private toilets, private bar.

I am looking for tickets, backstage or not, to Glasto 2010. I'm in SF, California and had no idea tickets went on sale so soon. Any tickets - "backstage" or general would be great. Price is not my primary concern.

Is there any other option than registration and waiting for SeeTickets to release more tickets? I've already joined the ticket resale Google group.

Any help would be appreciated.

All those tickets get you is into Hospitality - there you will find a Bar thats more expensive than the ones on site, with surlier staff, and a restaurant which is pretty pricey as well - seven quid for a brekkie.

You will also find lots of coked up London/Brighton tossbags, the occasional artiste, Zane Lowe, Howard Marks, frustrated people trying to get a wifi signal, photographers trying to get a piccy of Lily Allen puffing on a doobie, and assorted backstage crew (these are usually fun types) etc etc.

Good things are that the bogs are a lot cleaner, and theres a handy short cut if you want to get from the Other Stage to Pyramid in a hurry. If you thnk thats worth £300 extra plus, go ahead.

Bad things are the entire atmosphere is sucked out of you as soon as you pass the security guards. Its a bit ghastly, to be honest. If you aren't getting them free, or have any other way of getting in, don't bother.

Theres no means to see the bands, you have to join in with the punters in front of the stage.

Tickets are very pricey, and I couldn't tell you where to get them from, but an organisation called Sincura was flogging them last year for a small fortune - apparently they bought them off bands who looked on their allocation of a few extra tickets as a way of subsidising their stay.

It's split now too isn't it, with the proper production area needing a production pass, and access to the interstage hospitality area needing a 'lower' level of pass? Seem to remember being challenged for a production pass when wandering towards the large entrance to the left of the Pyramid this year from the interstage bar area, which didn't happen when heading out via the other stage or side gates.

You could well be right. I've had blaggable access for a few years, but never bothered with it.

Aye. And even the backstage bars in the other places can be a bit lifeless alot of the time. It's not just the tosser factor. A reason to use them is when you're tired from working, fancy a sit down, quiet chat... all of which means they're not really party central. (In my experience).

I get these tickets every year and the way I see it is, if they are there I will buy them for me and a bunch of mates. Also, as these come from a relative there is usually a good gathering of the clan. The last 3 years we have camped in hospitality and it's a good laugh, not too crowded and the atmos is good around the place. That said, we do not hang around this area after we are 'shitted, showered and shaved'.

The benefits to this area are the showers, regulary cleaned toilets and just as important, the beer filled car being really close. The main advantage for us are the short cuts, 4 of them to be precise. If you, like us, are into moving around the site trying to see as many bands/acts as you can then this 'interstage area' is a godsend.

There are 2 areas for camping, one in the middle of the interstage area and last year they also introduced the main camping area high up in the old cinema field just above Lower Mead.

Me and my mates discuss this every year and all think that the extra £100 is worth it.

If you can afford it, and have the opportunity, then go for it. You never know until you try it.

All those tickets get you is into Hospitality - there you will find a Bar thats more expensive than the ones on site, with surlier staff, and a restaurant which is pretty pricey as well - seven quid for a brekkie.

You will also find lots of coked up London/Brighton tossbags, the occasional artiste, Zane Lowe, Howard Marks, frustrated people trying to get a wifi signal, photographers trying to get a piccy of Lily Allen puffing on a doobie, and assorted backstage crew (these are usually fun types) etc etc.

Good things are that the bogs are a lot cleaner, and theres a handy short cut if you want to get from the Other Stage to Pyramid in a hurry. If you thnk thats worth £300 extra plus, go ahead.

Bad things are the entire atmosphere is sucked out of you as soon as you pass the security guards. Its a bit ghastly, to be honest. If you aren't getting them free, or have any other way of getting in, don't bother.

Theres no means to see the bands, you have to join in with the punters in front of the stage.

this is all true.

More evidence of the creation of a two-tier festival. Me-no-like. You've got all that upper-arse camping, you've got fenced off VIP areas and this too.

Has anyone got that picture of the "Complain here if you think the festival isn't as good as it used to be" sign?

Edited by sifimaster

How so? There's always been an interstage area, and it's always had it's fair share of media/celeb tossers in it.

Personally I think it's great, let them think it's something exclusive they get, whilst actually it just helps keep them away from the rest of us and all the proper fun.

Spot on. :P

A band's PR I know told me how he turned up on the Saturday a few years ago, and sat down backstage with some people he knew. They told him "Glastonbury's shit this year".

He asked them who they'd been out of backstage to go and see. The answer was "no one".

More evidence of the creation of a two-tier festival. Me-no-like. You've got all that upper-arse camping, you've got fenced off VIP areas and this too.

Has anyone got that picture of the "Complain here if you think the festival isn't as good as it used to be" sign?

Spot on. :P

A band's PR I know told me how he turned up on the Saturday a few years ago, and sat down backstage with some people he knew. They told him "Glastonbury's shit this year".

He asked them who they'd been out of backstage to go and see. The answer was "no one".

I've had passes with backstage access for another fest and they're nothing special. I had them for free, no way I'd pay any extra. As others have said the only real advantages were the toilets and the chance of being able to miss the crowds when moving between stages. Certainly not worth the extra £150, I'd rather have that extra cash to spend on site