The Beatles

Cardboard Box City

People need to chill on this. Some people dont want to play in an actual band. Young uns are hearing good music from it :lol:

yup, the amount of shan beatles tribute acts and this joker wants everyone who goes and buy the game to start another one. fantastic!

agree with you on the last sentence too. got into a couple bands from the guitar hero games that i wouldnt have heard otherwise. and find myself liking bands more who i wasnae really fussed about. definitely educational :lol:

yea, except the real version of one is a band of musicians making music (legal the last time I looked), and the other invloves guns... I have no idea what the game is, but there's a big difference straight away...

and I'm the one who's supposed to chill :lol:

so basically you want me to trade in my game, buy a bass and start another generic run of the mill indie band that you can bitch about? deal :lol:

I can't believe they haven't included Don't Pass Me By on the game. Best Ringo song by a country mile!

:lol:

Which is sort of like saying 'what is your favourite flavour of bogey?' :lol:

Octopus's Garden ftw.

Which is sort of like saying 'what is your favourite flavour of bogey?' :lol:

Octopus's Garden ftw.

i think the clear ones are the best that are a wee bit runny!

octupus' garden is pants too. too much control in this game i feel. much better off wi some other tunes in thier place. is something on there? probably my favourite beatles tune!

People, people, people..

For fugs sake, whatever you do, do NOT learn to play guitar. Sit at home and play games.

I have good thing going on with my band, earn some lovely extra cash and have a ball and three quarters most weekends, and I do not, I say do NOT want any more competition.

I thangyew, carry on.

Wii toilet on Shooting Stars amused me too!

thats the thing about these games. it will encourage people to pick up a guitar/bass or get behind the drums.

they will be ten a penny soon.

Balls..

it's more compicated that that, or you are in a shit band.

Either way, I'm alright Jack..

Got a bar friday and a big time paying wedding on saturday this weekend!

woops!! £150 for me for mostly arsing about with my best mates.

cash in hand, tax free too, which for me, is the best bit! :wub: keep that one eyed Scotch c**t away from my money!

Edited by Peevis

Balls..

it's more compicated that that, or you are in a shit band.

Either way, I'm alright Jack..

Got a bar friday and a big time paying wedding on saturday this weekend!

woops!! £150 for me for mostly arsing about with my best mates.

cash in hand, tax free too, which for me, is the best bit! :wub: keep that one eyed Scotch c**t away from my money!

get yourself a better agent. my brothers starting a wedding band, getting £200 per member.

get yourself a better agent. my brothers starting a wedding band, getting £200 per member.

OK... Good for your bro. I'm starting a new planet and will be king of all myself...

Come back when he's actually had a gig Sir.

:wub:

In truth, we do get more on occassions. People I know who charge a grand get three or four a year.

We play most weekends, and are far busier than people who think they are worth a grand!

OK... Good for your bro. I'm starting a new planet and will be king of all myself...

In truth, we do get more on occassions. People I know who charge a grand get three or four a year.

We play most weekends, and are far busier than people who think they are worth a grand!

just saying what the agency has told him.

wish i had kept on at bass and did that. one gig a week and earn more than i do for sitting on my arse in an office for 35 hours a week.

just saying what the agency has told him.

wish i had kept on at bass and did that. one gig a week and earn more than i do for sitting on my arse in an office for 35 hours a week.

yeah again, couple of things..

NEVER EVER trust anyone with the word AGENT on their job title.. :O They will tell you your shit don't stink for a percentage! :wub:

And your second statement is simply delusional. One wedding a weekend is simply fantasy. I know some bloody good bands on the corporate circuit, and the best they do is once a month at that rate! It's just the way it is I'm afraid.

Edited by Peevis

yeah again, couple of things..

NEVER EVER trust anyone with the word AGENT on their job title.. :O They will tell you your shit don't stink for a percentage! :wub:

And your second statement is simply delusional. One wedding a weekend is simply fantasy. I know some bloody good bands on the corporate circuit, and the best they do is once a month at that rate! It's just the way it is I'm afraid.

aah so you play most weekends just in pubs and stuff. cool, yeah i dont know enough about it. just know that thats what he's doing and thats the price he's getting.

Are you available for Bar Mitzvahs?

Aye, you love the money shot!!!

I just love to play, and I LOVE the fact that I get paid cash money to do something I love.

It's a real buzz, even if I do say so myself. It's never gonna make me rich, but then again we show lots of people a bloody good time. Why give that away free?

I would in truth do it for nothing, but that fact isn't usually part of the negotiations when arranging gigs.

Done plenty of freebies for charity events too by the way. But if people are making money out of what we do, then I don't see why we shouldn't get our slice!

Edited by Peevis

Think about this..If Abbey Road was released today, then the release date of Please, Please Me would be March 2003 - they released all these amazing albums in six and a half years. Love them or hate the you've got to admire that.

Yeah its amazing to think about it like that. Also add 3 ½ years of constant touring, 3 movies, changing the way bands worked (ie writing all their own songs), a managers death, the “bigger than Jesus” and admitting to taking acid comments and songs that inspired mass murder, you’ve an amazing 8 year career.

I declare that the Beatles are mutants. Prototypes of evolutionary agents sent by God, endowed with a mysterious power to create a new human species, a young race of laughing freemen."

~ Timothy Leary

What's people's least favourite Beatles tracks?

I never liked Doctor Robert. Silly lyrics, directionless, listless and filler.

I want you (she's so heavy) - the lone moment of rock indulgence (well maybe Helter Skelter, but I love that song). I've always though Maxwell's silver Hammer gets a bad rep, It's not even the worst song on Abbey Road...

Edited by thomasowen