some advice needed

Guest marcbyers

Hi Guys,

any help with this would be appreciated.

My mate bought 4 weekend and coach packages leaving from Edinburgh on the Thursday.

However there is now 5 of us going, 4 with a coach ticket and one without.

I really cannot be assed going on the coach so 2 of us are gonna get the train (much more fun).

Anyway that leaves 3 of them getting the organised bus but we obviously still need the 4 weekend tickets.

We are told tickets are not handed out until we get on the bus.

What i want to know is if my three other mates get the bus with the confirmation for 4 tickets then they will surely still give us 4 weekend tickets?

It's all booked under one booking and the person who booked it will be on the bus, surely he will be handed the four tickets when he hands over the confirmation and whatever else you receive to get on the bus.

Just wanted to know if anyone has got the coach package before whether they hand all tickets to the person with the confirmations or if they hand one out to every single person on the bus.

surely if we've paid for the tickets and the others are there to pick them up they will hand us what we have paid for.

If worse comes to worse i would just have to make sure im at the festival before them guys and meet them as their bus arrives but i couldnt see it coming to this.

Thanks guys

I undrstand that the train is a better laugh, but why not just get the bus you've already paid for? It woulkd take you straight to and from the site and if you're worried about booze I'm sure you could think of a way to sneak some on.

Anyway, hope ya get it sorted, have a great weekend.

it would mean one of my mates getting a train by himself, plus i just cant stand being on a bus for that long.

anyway ive read more into it, it says on seetickets site.

"You must board the coach to collect your tickets - there will be no collection point on site to do this."

my mate purchased the four tickets, will be on the coach and should therefore should get what he has paid for.

it does not say that each traveller will receive one ticket each and must be on the coach.

i really cant see them refusing to give him all the tickets if he has confirmation and tickets for 4

If I remember rightly, from previous years, any tickets not collected on the coaches are sent to the box office for collection. I would call to confirm, I know there is supposed to be no box office this year but people who have bought from Viagogo pick their tickets up from the festival, so it may be the same place...

I'd give them a ring mate. I wouldn't go to the festival assuming you'll be fine meeting the coach there. All you need is some jobsworth bus driver who can't give you your ticket due to 'company policy'...

But like I said, tickets that aren't collected on the coach are sent to a box office for collection. I don't see why it would be different this year. They need something in place in case people miss the bus etc..

Edited by Dropkick Murphy

I'd give them a ring mate. I wouldn't go to the festival assuming you'll be fine meeting the coach there. All you need is some jobsworth bus driver who can't give you your ticket due to 'company policy'...

But like I said, tickets that aren't collected on the coach are sent to a box office for collection. I don't see why it would be different this year. They need something in place in case people miss the bus etc..