To Flag Or Not To Flag?

Guest Sam.

Should flags be allowed into the arena areas at Glastonbury?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Should flags be allowed into the arena areas at Glastonbury?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmmm just back from the big chill and its pretty much a flag free zone.... i wonder if this is down to it not being televised? ;) the crowd infront of the main stage is pretty big so how come people there dont feel the need to bring a flag to 'help find they're friends or 'add to the atomosphere' eh? in my opinion it really all comes down to inconsiderate attention seeking twats wanting to get on tv and nothing else :( it made such a pleasant change to actually see the bands on stage and a really nice crowd with not a w*nker in sight, no aggro, plenty of space for camping, great music, great atomosphere, beautiful scenery, scorching weather, friendly security and hardly a copper in sight :( this may be heresy but i think if there ever comes a time when im only going to do one festival a year its going to be the big chill.... unless of course the flag waving tossers abandon glasto and go to the big chill instead :(

hmmmmm just back from the big chill and its pretty much a flag free zone.... i wonder if this is down to it not being televised? ;) the crowd infront of the main stage is pretty big so how come people there dont feel the need to bring a flag to 'help find they're friends or 'add to the atomosphere' eh? in my opinion it really all comes down to inconsiderate attention seeking twats wanting to get on tv and nothing else :( it made such a pleasant change to actually see the bands on stage and a really nice crowd with not a w*nker in sight, no aggro, plenty of space for camping, great music, great atomosphere, beautiful scenery, scorching weather, friendly security and hardly a copper in sight :( this may be heresy but i think if there ever comes a time when im only going to do one festival a year its going to be the big chill.... unless of course the flag waving tossers abandon glasto and go to the big chill instead :(

As a photographer for efestivals, I generally walk around the arenas to get some good crowd shots & at the Pyramid, the best shots (unless you can get mixing desk tent) can only be had from right at the back of the arena, so I spend a fair bit walking along the track to get a good vantage point for this.

As for policing the flags within the very front area of the stage, like pissing in the ditches it doesn't need policing, just a mention of how anti social it is should be enough. The last 3 years there does seem to have been an explosion of the flags.

As for people needing flags to find eacj other what a load of rubbish, our party has never had the need for a flag & we have always managed to meet up, just arrange a meeting place between bands if you do get split up, it is fairly easy....

Edited by dr_billy

As for finding your mates, I agree in as much as we've never taken a flag and have little problem meeting up, but then we are not the sort of group that spends all day in the middle of the crowd at the pyramid, which makes it a lot easier, and it sounds like you are similar.

Aaaah they don't bother me, the national flag ones I find interesting, the football flags bore me.. I'm usually too stoned off my face to care.

BUT

The guy who had a pigeon on a pole deserves a medal.. I was trying to hunt it down all weekend. any pictures of it anywhere? :ph34r: