How did your wellies and feet hold up?

Guest LusciousLucy

Ok guys, wellies are fine for short spells, but the best footware for mud is waterproof walking boots and gaiters.

You can get some fairly cheap (and comfortable ones) for about £40 quid. These are the material ones that feel more like trainers with a water proof lining. TBH they are more like trainers and are great for hiking across the site and dancing. They are also breathable so they let some of the moisture out.

If you have the cash then £10 will get you some hiking gaiters. These keep the top of your legs clean and dry.

Ok more expendsive than wellies but they are soooooooooo much more comforable

i was fine wellies worn untill end of friday then onto the trainers .... didnt even get a single blister....

my freinds however both only packed wellies one got holes in them n spent the festy with wet muddy feet, the other got trench foot!!!!!!!!!!! :D

i only took wellies and flip flops so had to wear my wellies for 3 days and every night as i didn't want my feet trampled on!

were boiling in the day but not too bad. altho by sunday night i had a horrible blister on my little toe on my right foot so it hurt to walk. i just upped the spirits and carried on! regretted it during the big trek back to the car on monday morning tho! :D

Was fine in my walking boots for the most part and only wore wellies after the rain for a day. might have to buy new wellies though or change socks during the day as my feet were soaking after 15+ hours on my feet.

kept trainers or round the tent and travel for a small bit of luxury as well.

AAAAGH! Wellies, I hate them, some people think its trendy or chic or essential for Glasto......NOT TRUE! Why oh why were people turning up in them on Wednesday when it was scorching, one of the hottest days of the year and the ground dry as a bone I'll never know, their feet must have been minging being stuck in rubber boots.

Just invest in a decent quality breathable pait of walking boots and gaiters for the rainy days and you'll be fine.

AAAAGH! Wellies, I hate them, some people think its trendy or chic or essential for Glasto......NOT TRUE! Why oh why were people turning up in them on Wednesday when it was scorching, one of the hottest days of the year and the ground dry as a bone I'll never know, their feet must have been minging being stuck in rubber boots.

Just invest in a decent quality breathable pait of walking boots and gaiters for the rainy days and you'll be fine.

I wasn't wearing wellies but i was in my army boots when i arrived, would rather have them on my feet than carry them, am guessing that might have been a case for a others on the first day.

I can't stand wellies, my boots were so much more comfortable for walking about in, only annoying thing were that wellies are easier to put on and off than my boots are.

My feet hurt by thursday despite wearing trainers, but they always do and I'm used to it.

I've worn wellies for one day of Glastonbury in the 12 years I've been, and got "welly rub".

Para-boots are the way. Danceable, and add an element of crustiness so lacking these days.

I wasn't wearing wellies but i was in my army boots when i arrived, would rather have them on my feet than carry them, am guessing that might have been a case for a others on the first day.

I can't stand wellies, my boots were so much more comfortable for walking about in, only annoying thing were that wellies are easier to put on and off than my boots are.

I wore my DM's until the mud appeared for fear of getting my feet wet. I then forgot where I'd put my DM's and so made the mistake of going barefoot in my wellies- I regretted that on the Sunday!

Next year I'm sticking to my boots.

I currently have a pair of hiking boots and gaitors, but recently I spotted these trapper boots on Survival Schools' website. http://www.survivalschool.co.uk/survival-b...pment-4402.html

I gather that £100 for posh wellies seems a lot, but from the sound of it, I reckon there's something pretty special about them. I mean they've got Baffins and Bobs on them... Must be good!

Get yourself a pair of these then, worked a treat for me when I was in the military

cc2241.jpg

Edited by MonacLimited

I currently have a pair of hiking boots and gaitors, but recently I spotted these trapper boots on Survival Schools' website. http://www.survivalschool.co.uk/survival-b...pment-4402.html

I gather that £100 for posh wellies seems a lot, but from the sound of it, I reckon there's something pretty special about them. I mean they've got Baffins and Bobs on them... Must be good!

Where would those be from? A military surplus store? I'd run a search on Google but I don't know what you'd call those...

My lovely babycham wellies ended up with a split on the calf, so they have been relegated to the allotment for muddy days - thankfully the mud doesnt get much past foot height there. But as I just found out I am working at leeds (Yay! <_< - I thought festie season 09 was over for me) Its a pair of plain green things for me - perhaps with a bit of custom sparkly bits added?

I wore my wellies on Wednesday as I would rather be walking in them than carrying them. Other than that I wore them Fri - Sun as the ground was stil lvery slippy on the walkways and I only had flip flops. Next year a good pair of walking boots should do the trick