How did your wellies and feet hold up?

Guest LusciousLucy

So...here we are 3 weeks after the Big G and the next set of festies are ready to be attended...and Shady wants new topics! :lol:

BUT shock of shock...horror of horrors...

got me utterly gorgeous wellies out ready for the mud battering they are about to get at Glade...you think Glasto is bad when it rains...you aint seen Matterley Bowl after a minor wettening...just the word Bowl...and you know there is bound to be trouble!!!...anyway...found my lush cowboy wellies have gaping rips on each ankle!!! Buggeration in the highest! That will teach me to buy sexy designer wellies from posh department stores in Sydney eh? :P

Double buggeration cos of the foot deep mud that WILL ensue sometime in the next 36 hours. :D:D

But luckily...and actually what may turn out to be portentously...mother dearest pointed me in the direction of the loft and told me to grab me dad's workboots...all lovely and waterproof...

and so am saved I hope...and doubly saved...cos I hate wearing wellies.

Didnt suffer too badly this year from the dreaded dead foot and so painful I can barely walk on my flat feet syndrome I usually get from having to wear wellies but did get a nasty leg swelling incident on the Monday after wearing tight socks for over 8 hours! And seriously hoping these v comfy boots of me dad's will sort me right out at Glade.

So...anyone else have not particularly pleasant welly wearing incidents this year? No trenchfoot I hope, wasnt exactly wet enough was it?

So...here we are 3 weeks after the Big G and the next set of festies are ready to be attended...and Shady wants new topics! :D

BUT shock of shock...horror of horrors...

got me utterly gorgeous wellies out ready for the mud battering they are about to get at Glade...you think Glasto is bad when it rains...you aint seen Matterley Bowl after a minor wettening...just the word Bowl...and you know there is bound to be trouble!!!...anyway...found my lush cowboy wellies have gaping rips on each ankle!!! Buggeration in the highest! That will teach me to buy sexy designer wellies from posh department stores in Sydney eh? :D

Double buggeration cos of the foot deep mud that WILL ensue sometime in the next 36 hours. :P:D

But luckily...and actually what may turn out to be portentously...mother dearest pointed me in the direction of the loft and told me to grab me dad's workboots...all lovely and waterproof...

and so am saved I hope...and doubly saved...cos I hate wearing wellies.

Didnt suffer too badly this year from the dreaded dead foot and so painful I can barely walk on my flat feet syndrome I usually get from having to wear wellies but did get a nasty leg swelling incident on the Monday after wearing tight socks for over 8 hours! And seriously hoping these v comfy boots of me dad's will sort me right out at Glade.

So...anyone else have not particularly pleasant welly wearing incidents this year? No trenchfoot I hope, wasnt exactly wet enough was it?

I got a nice bit of prickly heat from wearing wellies and socks in the distinct warmth that turned out to be Rolf morning...

Other than that no injuries to report, I've done more damage to myself since I've been back tripping up the front steps in flops than anything I encountered at Glasto LOL

My wellies have been with me for three years and are still going strong, they've just been packed up for another festival and have yet to cause me any problems. I love those guys.

Not foot related but after five days of walking/dancing/standing/bimbling my left knee was pretty damn painful thanks to an old injury I've got that was caused by a cornish pasty and a girl on a bicycle.

I got prickly heat, blisters and very sore feet, Saturday night was the worst - but it was worth it!

Three days befor Glastonbury i paid a visit to my chiropodist,my feet are not that good at my age,she sorted them out no problem. They were fine in wellies,mind you that was only for a day and a half,best bit of kit i bought though was expensive walking socks and boots, that made all the difference. Now how do you sort out very tired legs through walking in all that very sticky mud on the Saturday, the walk from the pyramid to our tents in the Dairy field was so tiring,prehaps they need to expand the monorail to the dairy field. Oh and can i use my bus pass on the monorail :):):):):)

Ok guys, wellies are fine for short spells, but the best footware for mud is waterproof walking boots and gaiters.

You can get some fairly cheap (and comfortable ones) for about £40 quid. These are the material ones that feel more like trainers with a water proof lining. TBH they are more like trainers and are great for hiking across the site and dancing. They are also breathable so they let some of the moisture out.

http://www.gear-zone.co.uk/eshop/Hi-Tec-Al...e-Iv-Boots.html

If you have the cash then £10 will get you some hiking gaiters. These keep the top of your legs clean and dry.

http://www.chasesmith.co.uk/Outdoor_Clothi...1321/p1712.aspx

Ok more expendsive than wellies but they are soooooooooo much more comforable

i had to wear wellies the whole time (as id forgot to pack my trainers) they were cheap about a tenner from the local garden centre.

I didnt get any blisters or anything. My ankles did hurt in the morning, but i think that was just because of the amount of walking (and wellies arnt very supportive around the ankle area!)

Guess i was lucky - everyone i seemed to meet had feet cut to bits!

i had to wear wellies the whole time (as id forgot to pack my trainers) they were cheap about a tenner from the local garden centre.

I didnt get any blisters or anything. My ankles did hurt in the morning, but i think that was just because of the amount of walking (and wellies arnt very supportive around the ankle area!)

Guess i was lucky - everyone i seemed to meet had feet cut to bits!

I wore wellies on the Friday as well. They worked very well as the day was cooler too. However as with other posters Saturday was torture and they were quickly removed. I suspect that a lot depends on price. Sub £15 wellies are not going to be the most comfortable for long term wear.

If I go next year will be wearing gaiters. I need new boots anyway as my last pair died during winter (found to be leaking in mutiple places, not surprising after more than 500 miles and numerous soakings) and I've been putting of getting a new pair until I take up proper walking again. Those "high tech" boots look interesting.