happy ending story from Glastonbury

Guest tonyblair

There was a kid (well, early 20's) in our group, a friend of my sister's son who, for whatever reason had a wad of £500 on him, not even in a wallett, just loose. We didn't know about this until after we'd put up all our tents, and he asked us if we'd seen a wad of £500, 'cause he'd lost it!. After looking quite hard, him almost in tears, and the rest of us asking why he had such a large amount of money that he didn't take care of (which didn't help a lot), my sister sugessted that he should ask if it had been handed in. The kids just looked a bit confused, and asked '"why?". She said if she found it, she would have handed it in.. which they thought that was just weird.

So, he eventually did ask, and guess what, it had been handed in.... he was just gob-smacked, and more than a little humbled. He was told who'd handed it in (a group of 4 guys), and gave them £100 to share between them. After all, he'd pretty much written it off by then, so after giving them their £100, he was in effect £400 up. The best thing was how he realised that in future, this would be the right thing to do. It's a bit sad that he probably wouldn't have considered doing this before, but at least something had happened to make him realise this...

There was a kid (well, early 20's) in our group, a friend of my sister's son who, for whatever reason had a wad of £500 on him, not even in a wallett, just loose. We didn't know about this until after we'd put up all our tents, and he asked us if we'd seen a wad of £500, 'cause he'd lost it!. After looking quite hard, him almost in tears, and the rest of us asking why he had such a large amount of money that he didn't take care of (which didn't help a lot), my sister sugessted that he should ask if it had been handed in. The kids just looked a bit confused, and asked '"why?". She said if she found it, she would have handed it in.. which they thought that was just weird.

So, he eventually did ask, and guess what, it had been handed in.... he was just gob-smacked, and more than a little humbled. He was told who'd handed it in (a group of 4 guys), and gave them £100 to share between them. After all, he'd pretty much written it off by then, so after giving them their £100, he was in effect £400 up. The best thing was how he realised that in future, this would be the right thing to do. It's a bit sad that he probably wouldn't have considered doing this before, but at least something had happened to make him realise this...

oh I agree, and he was definitely right to offer the reward, but I am surprised they accepted such a large sum, the feeling of well being from doing the good deed would have been more than enough for me. £25 each? Should have let the kid keep it all, or accept a pint each at most

:) ..

the point of telling the story is the same as the how the kid didn't think it was worth asking if it had been handed in, as he wouldn't have done it before, but would now. Some people think it's weird to be nice....

oh it's you Peevis :(

Edited by Peevis

no, you just wanted it, and you make up a decent enough excuse to clear your conscience.

How would you know if it was all the money he had in the world or not. He could have been saving up for 6 months, washing up in kitchens (which is what I used to do to go to festivals) to have a blast at Glasto.

it is (and we did say that to him, many times - afterwards...), but who's to say. If someone wants to take more than someone else... I mean, he could have been going off somewhere after the festival for all I know

i've just been thinking about this and i know i would definately hand it in if it was 350 pound or under.

but if i found 500 pound i think i'd assume it was drugs money or something and i'm not sure what i'd do. i just wouldn't have thought anyone apart from dealers would be carrying around that amount of money!

i'd probably share it around my friends and give the rest to oxfam. i'd feel way too guilty if i kept it to myself.

i've just been thinking about this and i know i would definately hand it in if it was 350 pound or under.

but if i found 500 pound i think i'd assume it was drugs money or something and i'm not sure what i'd do. i just wouldn't have thought anyone apart from dealers would be carrying around that amount of money!

i'd probably share it around my friends and give the rest to oxfam. i'd feel way too guilty if i kept it to myself.

well i had over £400 (about 450 i think) on me, but that was to cover 2 people (apparently im the 'sensible' one) and i had that on my person till firday/saturday. (till we started breaking into it)

and im no drug dealer!!!

also the biggest act of kindness for me happened at Leeds festival!!!

In 05 i lost a £250 phone, it was new.

I knew where id lost it, i remeberd putting it down when talking to somone and never picking it up again (cos of drunkness)

Well the person who found it phones my mum!!!

and believe it or not! by the time i got home from the festival - my mum had it - and they'd sent it in the post!!!!! (i presume they must have only had a day ticket or somthing)

(and i hadnt even got round to telling my mum id lost it yet)

:P

Anyway Tony - your story beats mine hands down!

but that kind of thing does restore your faith, dosent it? :D 0 lovely story :D