Will tickets sell out even faster next year?

Guest Alcatraz

i thought the ticket system i.e. deposit/pay full goes live in october?

It does , or it should ie I think they will keep the same system as last year.

Personally I think anyone on the ball should have no trouble getting a ticket in October. The problems

a few years ago I feel were caused by the fact that all the tickets came on sale in March/April in one go , which is far too near the festival date.

:lol:

You see, a lot of my mates have been saying they want to go next year, too. But then many of them said the same last year, but didn't get organised. This makes me feel that if they keep the deposit in October system then it'll all be fine for those who are dedicated and organised :lol:

I'm prepared to sell a kidney now to ensure I get a ticket for next year.

Only problem is the kidney is somewhat used and abused after 5 days of heavy drinking at Glastonbury. Any takers?

Stressing about tickets 3 days after leaving the site, love it :lol: If (& we don't know yet) the October deposit scheme goes ahead, I doubt we'll have any problem getting tickets for 3 reasons:

1) We're all saying it went well, but that's because we went and as always loved every minute. I doubt to the people who don't usually go it barely reached there raydar. It's easy to get consumed by it and think that's all that's going on that weekend, but other people may have just caught a little of it on tv and that's about it. Remember, it's the people who don't usually go who have the potential to block up the phone lines and bring the web sales site down.

2) Due to Jay-Z (and last year also had great weather) last year was much higher profile, and overall probably got more attention after the event with everyone claiming it was a success. Irrespective of this, it was still easy to get tickets.

3)I doubt a full 150, 000 (or whatever capacity it is) will all get a ticket in October - people just aren't that committed, as demonstrated by the slow sales for this year's event.

You see, a lot of my mates have been saying they want to go next year, too. But then many of them said the same last year, but didn't get organised. This makes me feel that if they keep the deposit in October system then it'll all be fine for those who are dedicated and organised :lol:

I cant remember if I saved my reg details or not - anyway I can check?

If you look on the Glastonbury Festivals FAQ ticket site , there is a link to see tickets.

You need you surname and post code !

It works !

:lol:

Think the recession thing will cut two ways - some people who might usually go abroad will think, why not just incorporate Glastonbury as their holiday, especially if it's going to be from Tuesday - so there may well be an upside as far as ticket sales go.

In the fat years, people probably had overseas holidays and festivals.

I think it will sell out much more rapidly. Obviously still have all the re-sales but the deposits will go down much quicker.

Based on the fact that everyone I know who has ever been to glastonbury or any other music festival wants to go next year.