the moment when jacko died

Guest michaeldunn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to sleep early on the Thursday and woke up to people cheering screaming and hooting about his death. That was so unbelievably distasteful and insensitive and that really upset me, especially as the people here had convinced me how lovely and kind glasto goers are. I kinda decided then that this was gonna be my first and last festival. Maybe I'm just overly sentimental but I really don't want to be in the company of such people .

But then on Friday the sun came out and there was music, lots and lots of sweet sweet music and now im thinking i will try it again next year :( (don't judge me, I'm only fickel when it comes to music)

lol I just saw o GMTV, that AIG the company operating the jackson concerts at the 02 arena are giving customers a choice between:

a) a full refund (75 gbp it mentioned)

:( a commemorative hologram ticket to remember Jacko by, effectively costing you 75

anyone chosing b surely needs their head tested?

AIG will be laughing all the way to the bank , a crappy ticket for 75 quid> ha

its how a lot of people deal with death... laugh and joke about it. they dont mean it in a horrible way, just cant face the seriousness of it.

dunno about that markeee, i read they were giving full refunds OR offering to transfer the funds to other gigs u may want to go to.

sucks if u bought it on ebay tho.

its how a lot of people deal with death... laugh and joke about it. they dont mean it in a horrible way, just cant face the seriousness of it.

dunno about that markeee, i read they were giving full refunds OR offering to transfer the funds to other gigs u may want to go to.

sucks if u bought it on ebay tho.

Well Jacko ain't going to mind - 'cause, well, he no longer has a mind!

tbh, I think the feaful, po faced way us Brits react to death is terrible. I'd rather people laugh, discuss, and celebrate a life (which was a life most of us will never live in our wildest dreams).

Whilst some were mocking Jacko - well, so what? Death doesn't instantly wipe a lifes deeds or command a new found respect for the deceased. Live and let live is what I say - or should that be,

:(

To the above posters...

have you been to Glastonbury before?

Pretty much half if not MOST of the festival thought it was one of those regular Glasto rumours...they are part of the tradition, the more legendary the person...the better!

EVERY year since I remember going in the mid 90s Maggie Thatcher/Cliff/Saddam Hussein/insert name here 'dies' while we are at Glasto! Arriving to G95 when John Major had resigned as we were on our way...THAT was pretty special! Ok...Richard Whiteley popping off in 03 or whenever it was actually did sadden folks as we didnt have particularly good outside world contact and the Q Daily always strung us a pack of cheeky lies inthe news secion anyway. You never know what to believe!

The fact that this was MJ...it wasnt predicted, there wasnt shock as a name like this only breeds extreme reaction and most of it in jest, humour and to be honest for an awful lot of us...total disbelief BECAUSE we are at Glastonbury!

Ok in this day and age where we can pop on our IPhones for confirmation then obviously a lot of people were actually in the know but a massive chunk of folks still singing and dancing couldnt believe it as we were at the G!

Now back in the RealWorld and papers have been seen and read by us then perhaps it is sinking in now and it is a sad thing to happen to the poor bloke but this very untimely death by one of the most famous people on the planet...dare I say it...turned Glastonbury into an even more legendary experience for all!

And as for the jokes...human nature!

If you were fortunate enough to find the tribute wall you would have seen hundreds of very funny comments...and the Times and Guardian interviewed the stall that put it up and described it as a entirely new and very interesting was of witnessing how people react to such events in this age of media!

I laughed at first because I didn't believe it - thought it was just a very traditional Glasto rumou - but the voices continued circling as we went to the toilets and in the end a girl rang the outside world and about twenty of us gathered around her to here the truth. It was shocking news - but everyone dancing to Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean & I Want You Back at the Brothers bar was one my favourite Glastonbury moments - an excellent tribute.

Did anyone see the banners near the avalon stage. There was some very funny / distasteful stuff on there. Someone had wrote RIP Jacko then loads of people had wrote jokes. One was that jacko would be melted down and turned into a toy so this time children could play with him rather than the other way round.

Also when the news came through we all had a large pissed up rendition of heal the world whilst queuing for the silent disco

When i first heard he was caught in the children’s ward having a stroke :( i didn't believe it until text started coming in from the real world. Fact is he was a Paedo, and all this bullshit that will come out now that he was 'misunderstood', he will almost be Martyred, cos there are a lot of nutters out there that loved him. Saying that some of my best memories of the whole 5 days was shlomo and the streets and others paying tributes to him didn't see anyone laughing or mocking then cause most people respect his music just not the man :(

Musical genius is a phrase that gets thrown about too much but he was 1. I've always been a huge fan & seeing him at Wembley is still the best gig i've ever been to.

Regardless of what peoples views of him are, he's a dad & 3 young kids have lost their father now which is a tragedy

No offense to anyone, but I found the whole thursday night jacko experience to be a bit of a highlight, only because EVERYONE was talking about it on the rammed railway and it was amazing to see how the news spread, the assorted reactions, etc...it made the whole thing a unifying event.