Spiringsteen

Guest Iain333

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps not a great example - although do you think a very lengthy Clarence Clemons sax solo would have brought the house down? Plus I think the point remains; he could have tweaked things a bit, but there's not an obvious stand out festival set for the undecided. He doesn't have that many "hits" that everyone knows.

The 3 and half minutes that I could stand of the most bland drivel I heard at Glastonbury was very dire - I've definitely been converted, converted to now being sure that Bruce is hugely over-rated crap. :lol:

So if you were there from the start, you thought him covering a Joe Strummer song was the "Most bland drivel you have ever heard at Glastonbury"?

it might have been a Strummer song, but it was still as bland as it gets. The next track was bland with band - I was out of there. I know a crap act when I see it. :lol:

I know Bruce is highly rated, but it just ain't true. It wasn't till Monday that I actually met anyone who thought it was good (and yes, many of them who thought it very bland stayed the whole set), and that guy wasn't exactly unbiased, seeing as he'd spent five minutes on the Friday telling me how fantastic it would be. :(

Did you not hear Fleet Foxes?

nope.

it might have been a Strummer song, but it was still as bland as it gets. The next track was bland with band - I was out of there. I know a crap act when I see it. :lol:

I know Bruce is highly rated, but it just ain't true. It wasn't till Monday that I actually met anyone who thought it was good (and yes, many of them who thought it very bland stayed the whole set), and that guy wasn't exactly unbiased, seeing as he'd spent five minutes on the Friday telling me how fantastic it would be. :(

nope.

Can't you just acknowledge "Each to their own" then? The millions of people who have seen him over the years can't be wrong surely? They just have different taste (although to be fair, since he appeared on the scene, he has always been a 'marmite' artist)

As a (very biased) Bruce fan, I thought the gig was immense (one of the best I have ever seen, which by your logic makes those other gigs the worst of all time!) as did many non-fans who have since asked for recomendations to download etc... The kids down the front were loving it as well. I did hear a lot of people who thought it was rubbish/not enough hits etc so I'm not kidding myself that everyone should have loved it!

oh please springsteen had the biggest crowd of the weekend the most requested I player on the bbc site and nearly every post on twitter and other forums have been positive

he did a great performance and i am tired of the same people on here having a go all the time

anyway i dont really care bruce is a legend and he did his reputation a power of good not that he needed to

anyway not saying anymore as a lot of people on here just want to insult him for no reason and praise other lesser bands

"the same people"???? I've posted my opinion of Bruce just in this thread.

My opinion ofr Br8uce is no less valid than anyone elses. And the simple fact is, from those I spoke to who saw him, the massive majority thought it dire.

I'm not insulting him for no reason, I'm insulting him because he incredibly bland. Tens of thousands of others thought the same too I'm sure.

and i still cant work out if you are trying to cause fans like i did to go mad by trolling or trying to cause arguments

how on earth could you make decision in three and half minutes what song was he playing black lace by agadoo or something

I know a fair amount of Bruce's output. I've found it all to be incrediably bland. That three and half minutes was more than enough for me to realise that he's no different live to on record.

I went with an open mind, hoping to be impressed. He failed.

Can't you just acknowledge "Each to their own" then? The millions of people who have seen him over the years can't be wrong surely? They just have different taste (although to be fair, since he appeared on the scene, he has always been a 'marmite' artist)

As a (very biased) Bruce fan, I thought the gig was immense (one of the best I have ever seen, which by your logic makes those other gigs the worst of all time!) as did many non-fans who have since asked for recomendations to download etc... The kids down the front were loving it as well. I did hear a lot of people who thought it was rubbish/not enough hits etc so I'm not kidding myself that everyone should have loved it!

yep, I can acknowledge each to their own - have I complained about the fact Bruce was playing? Nope. So I accept his right to be there.

Yes, millions of people have seen him. Similarly, millions of people have seen Barbara Streisand, Take That, Boyzone, and hundreds of other crap acts. And so the fact that millions have seen him means not a lot. :lol:

It seems to be the case that Bruce is only able to speak to the already converted - that was certainly the impression I got speaking to people who saw him. To my mind, a great act can win over those not already converted, which very many headline acts at Glastonbury have done before. Bruce failed.

:( my last words on this forum and on this topic

everyone i know loved it i have come home to find out my sister stayed up to watch it all and she always gos to bed early and even her husband who loves take that eek as dancing around and thought he was great

that is all i care about

thank you

yeah, but similarly, a 72 year old grannie I know who knows f**k all about music ancient or modern thought it was great too. :lol:

He was fantastic!!! Been 14 times (15 now) and I have never seen anyone as good as him!!!!!! The best headliner, actually, the best act to ever play the festival. Closely followed by Neil Young!!!

see, every random I asked that had seen both thought Neil Young far better, tho few rated that particularly highly .... but at least he was putting his whole self into every note. Bruce was simply spending another day at the office from what I saw.