Traffic chaos!

Guest Madabout G

My mate set off at 5.30am from Manchester and expected to be pitched and drinking by mid day.

Unfortunately, he hasn't moved for around 60 mins on the main approach road in (after the M5).

Apparently the M4 is closed due to a serious accident adding to the usual traffic chaos on the approaches.

I was due to leave at 4pm from South Cheshire, but now i'm not so sure.....

Edited by Madabout G

Latest from the Highways Agency is delays of 1.5 hours between junctions 21 and 23 of the M5 (Southbound) and also delays Eastbound on the M4 between junctions 19 and 22. Although the accident is Eastbound, delays are being caused by 'Rubbernecking' :D

There are also 40 minutes of delays on the A303 due to roadworks and heavy traffic and also the A361 is experiencing problems too. Finally, there has been an accident on the A37 involving a lorry which is causing delays both ways :)

Good luck all!!

Latest from the Highways Agency is delays of 1.5 hours between junctions 21 and 23 of the M5 (Southbound) and also delays Eastbound on the M4 between junctions 19 and 22. Although the accident is Eastbound, delays are being caused by 'Rubbernecking' :D

There are also 40 minutes of delays on the A303 due to roadworks and heavy traffic and also the A361 is experiencing problems too. Finally, there has been an accident on the A37 involving a lorry which is causing delays both ways :)

Good luck all!!

The roadworks and accident shouldn't affect the shuttle.

Last year, when Pilton was affected by a fire on the Thursday, they got all the buses in a convoy and held up all the other traffic to allow them through.

My mate still around 7 mile from site and it's taking about 20mins every mile :D

I'm so "gee'd" up to leave at 4pm, but know deep down it's a bad idea!! :)

I reckon the best plan would be a kip at 8pm till 1am, then set off and i'll be there for around 5am.

I just want to get on the road, that's all! :):(B)

Stuck in ashcot now, moving very very slowly.

Worthy fm just said problem caused by fatal acident on M4 which has diverted everyone to M5 then A39.

Avoid this way if you can as We have been on this road for hours.

They also said 60,000 expected today, pyramid area full but loadsof room on pennards and near the park stage

Traffic was still heavy when I left the site at 10pm but had eased a bit. Took me 2hrs45 to get to the site from Bath yesterday afternoon which wasn't so bad considering some of the reports I'd heard. I'd always avoid the A37. Some of the minor roads weren't bad yesterday.

Traffic was still heavy when I left the site at 10pm but had eased a bit. Took me 2hrs45 to get to the site from Bath yesterday afternoon which wasn't so bad considering some of the reports I'd heard. I'd always avoid the A37. Some of the minor roads weren't bad yesterday.

45 minutes on a good day. Problem was accident in farrington guerney caused 45 min delay. Then queues for last 5 miles. Everywhere in between was clear for me. Caught up a friend who left 6 hours before me. Considering people were taking 4 hours plus to go 8 miles my experience wasn't bad. Pilton is 22 miles from bath. We did stop a couple of times too.

Post 100 finally!