Worthy FM is on the air!

Guest Roy_D_Hacksaw

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

web streaming broken AGAIN it seems :D

Come on guys, this would be really useful, especially on the day loads of people are leaving for the site, so we can hear how things are filling up, get in the mood etc.

Please get a more reliable streaming host next year :D. If something's worth doing it's worth doing properly, no?

web streaming broken AGAIN it seems :D

Come on guys, this would be really useful, especially on the day loads of people are leaving for the site, so we can hear how things are filling up, get in the mood etc.

Please get a more reliable streaming host next year :D. If something's worth doing it's worth doing properly, no?

Yeah but www.qmsstreaming.com failing to resolve to an IP address should have nothing to do with your being in a field, that part (DNS) would always be done in a nice cosy data centre.

Anyway will be down there soon so will stop moaning and will tune to FM. Keep us posted on the car park situation! Cheers

Not here.

The whole www.qmsstreaming.com address doesn't even resolve any more, I take it they are messing around with their DNS - what a day to choose to do it, hope you're not paying them any money, whoever they are.

Thanks for your efforts, sorry we can't listen.

The stream isn't working because the qmsstreaming.com domain wasn't renewed by whoever was meant to renew it, so it's now suspended (as you can see in the whois) and the domain removed from the .com DNS servers. If the qmsstreaming.com address is still working for some people it's because they are still using cached DNS records fetched before the domain was suspended today. I'm using this address instead which bypasses the DNS problems and works for me:

mms://83.138.56.237/glastonbury

Are the Worthy FM technical peeps aware of this problem? Also they seem to have halved the bitrate of the stream from 128Kb/sec to 64Kb/sec - maybe this is so they can serve more streams?

I'm Amazed that WorthyFM actually manage to get any stream out of a portacabin that's in the middle of a field.

The quality of lasts nights stream was fantastic... Daddy Teacha certainly gave me my Glastonbury Fix.. Reminded me of the usual pre Glastonbury chill out spent in my camper before the mayhem starts..

Anyway, can't be there this year so keep up the great work Roy. Next year maybe I'll poke my head into WorthyFM and see how that length of damp string actually connects you to the world :D