claiming land at glasto

Guest WS_Jack_III

Im taking aound 10 tents down with me early doors Wednesday morning and putting them all up so my friends and I can all camp together. They will be coming down later on that afternoon after work. I will not be putting any tape up but will be getting all the ground sheets out and spacing them so we have enough room to be comfortable and have a small communal area.

Is this acceptable????

Also depends where you're camped and how full the field is.

It's one thing asking someone (or indicating via fencing or what-not) to pitch up a few metres over so there's room for their mate's tents. It's another if that space that's cordoned off is the only space left in that field so you'd be asking someone to go camp in another part of the festival.

actually, i guess i have mixed feelings on this one if i think about it.

theres not too much wrong with saving room for your mates. i think you have to be sensiblke about it. like, if you're a group of 20 then either camp in a sparser bit or get there early cos you can't save half a field for your mates who are turning up a day after when there are people looking for spaces. on the other hand, share and share alike. try and be as tolerant as possible of people because at the end of the day, everyone wants to be with their mates and you know that its going to improve their weekend if they get to camp together. which in the spirit of things, is nice for everyone.

i usually do festivals in a group of about 10 and we usually find it is nice between 10 of us to have a little space in the middle of our tents to put a camp fire and chill out. not a bit space. maybe the area of 1 tent. its a little selfish, but it make it nicer for everyone and i wouldn't complain if someone else doing that forced me to move outwards a bit. having said thati don;t complain about much.

love thy brother and thy sister.

Me and my mate are getting there nice and early, should be there by 8am wednesday, hoping to save some space on pennards until other friends of ours arrive a few hours later. Not gonna cordon anything, just gonna sit about where they can put their tents. Hoping it'll be ok, we're nice chaps and we can always dish out a can or two to the neighbours to keep them happy!

No-one argues with scousers anyway ^_^