You still wearing Welllies?

Guest alix08

Looking at the forecasts, it's gonna be sun, sun, sun!!! Totally brilliant weather wise but completely cocks up my packing and clothes etc??!! What do you wear girls if not wellies with your shorts? Can't wear flipflops as I'd hate to have all my toes broken in a crowd?.. would look a reet ijit in shorts and walking shoes..... trainers wouldn't be too pleasant for anyone after 5 x days....

ANy ideas girls - please, I know it's not a fashion parade but want to look 1/2 way to decent if poss....

thx

xxx

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the forecasts, it's gonna be sun, sun, sun!!! Totally brilliant weather wise but completely cocks up my packing and clothes etc??!! What do you wear girls if not wellies with your shorts? Can't wear flipflops as I'd hate to have all my toes broken in a crowd?.. would look a reet ijit in shorts and walking shoes..... trainers wouldn't be too pleasant for anyone after 5 x days....

ANy ideas girls - please, I know it's not a fashion parade but want to look 1/2 way to decent if poss....

As a man I would like to say:

Docs!

Docs 'n' miniskirt, Docs 'n' sundress, Docs 'n' flowing skirt, Docs 'n' hotpants. All look great. I don't care whether it's in fashion or not right now. IT SHOULD BE AND YOU CAN BRING IT BACK.

(* Other brands of chunky boot are available)

thx

xxx

I will be still wearing wellies, i love them!

Last year i didnt want to take them off so walked around in them back home on the monday all day. Mine are luckily very comfy!

After loads of people treading on the same ground for days it will undoubtably be at least a little muddy....and apart from flip flops and heels (which is obv no go!) i have no other shoes so wellies are my only option :D

It always gets me when I see loads of people at the motorway services on the way down already in wellies. Theirs must be a lot more comfortable than mine, I can never wait to get the things off.

I remember last year when the sunshine dried everything up, and I went and put trainers on instead of my wellies. They felt like slippers, it was fantastic.

That's not to say that I won't be taking my wellies, I definitely will. Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

As for what to wear if it's dry, my humble opinion would be to wear whatever you would if you were going on a really long walk in the countryside. As far as your feet will know, that's what you'll be doing! Girls, if you're worried about not looking attractive, consider how blokes drooled over Lara Croft.

I love Converse, but they're a basketball shoe, and designed for competely dry conditions. No waterproofing of any description on a Converse boot. Hell, they even have two holes on the side to let extra water in. Great for if it's dry, but personally I'll be out of mine and into something else upon the arrival of raindrop number one.

Edited by justabloke

I personally go for pumps - but this is only when the ground is bone dry. You might find there's still a lot of mud on site even if it's sunny, so the wellies might still make an apperance. :D

That's what I will be wearing if the site is dry. But trail running shoes with lots of ventilation to cope with the sun and heat. No way I will wear walking boots in the heat, I want something that will let my feet breath.

Wellies only as a back-up if site gets muddy.

As a man I would like to say:

Docs!

Docs 'n' miniskirt, Docs 'n' sundress, Docs 'n' flowing skirt, Docs 'n' hotpants. All look great. I don't care whether it's in fashion or not right now. IT SHOULD BE AND YOU CAN BRING IT BACK.

(* Other brands of chunky boot are available)

Yeah, but you can't beat wearing sandals, or the next best thing in the heat. I don't like sandals when I'm in crowds (or in situations where the terrain means it's preferable to protect your feet), but the trail running shoes I have are like an open-mesh. :lol:

The worst thing is Goretex based shoes, it's like putting a plastic bag on your feet. I have loads of goretex walking boots/shoes, but only use them when it's really wet and I need to stay dry.

My problem is we set off from the tent after a cuppa + bacon butty at about 11am and won't be seen again at the tent till early hours. Don't want to set off in my lovely comfy sandles only for the heavens to open 5 hours later and have to walk 40mins back to tent for wellies...... Although I'd rather not have big plastic boots on my feet if it's 20 degrees all day....... :lol: Decisions, decisions!...

x

My problem is we set off from the tent after a cuppa + bacon butty at about 11am and won't be seen again at the tent till early hours. Don't want to set off in my lovely comfy sandles only for the heavens to open 5 hours later and have to walk 40mins back to tent for wellies...... Although I'd rather not have big plastic boots on my feet if it's 20 degrees all day....... :lol: Decisions, decisions!...

x