You still wearing Welllies?

Guest alix08

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. I was limiting my thoughts to shoes for hot, dry weather; wellies are the worst, that is for sure. I have a strong preference for being in sandals or light weight, breathable trainers (open mesh style); if it's going to be wet, decent Goretex walking boots are then absolutely fantastic! ;)

I was lucky and found some really comfortable Merrell sandals a few years ago; but they are not as comfortable as my trail running shoes.

I own the most stunning pair of wellies ever seen at Glasto...but still not a big fan of wearing them!

Hate the sweaty feeling, the ache in the feet after only about 10 mins of having them on and so on.

If its looks like its going to be a scorcher my very first stall to be visited will be the cut price Merrells stall on SilverHayes Market area (the run from between the Pyramid and the Other Stage). Cannot for the life of me locate or find proper walking shoe style thongs in Blighty (apparently everyone prefers the Jesus sandal look.....grrr!)

I dont have my walking boots anymore after one of the pair fell out of my van whilst travelling over to a National Park in NSW and also lost that day was the boot bag containing my barely worn Merrell Chameleons and gaters! NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT AT ALL!!! Lost about £200 of kit in one go!

Also I own a pair of proper Jesus sandals made from tyres and made by Young Enterprise men and boys that live in the big shanty town in Nairobi. The British seller makes only £4 from the sale, a small fee goes on import and the other £22 of the cost goes to the sandal maker back in Kenya. Very ace indeed! :lol: Bought them for traversing Australian creeks...they have done so now...but also ready and willing to stomp through Glasto mud (IF such stuff occurs this year...which it wont will it?)

I always wear my work boots, breathable with steeltoes, good for in the crowds. I know i can wear them for months on end in the middle east so they will do for week in a field in england, they are fine in rain and Mud up to a point as well but if it chucks it down (of course not going to happen) and they start to suffer I'll grab a pair of wellies on site, cost a tenner last time i think. Did this in 2007 after finally giving up on them saturday evening after watching killers.

Eeeewww...couldnt do that...mind is in overdrive about all the things one can tread in...everything from dropped pasties, yesterdays goat curry mindlessly dumped on the ground and as for entering a turdis!!! SHUDDDDDDDEEEERRRRRR!

Cool that you did though love!

If the weather report stays the same then I'm only gonna take trainers. I only wear wellies if the mud is a couple inches deep. I only really care about shoes if they are brand new, but the trainers I'm taking are a good 7 months old so I'll just throw them out afterwards.

If the weather report stays the same then I'm only gonna take trainers. I only wear wellies if the mud is a couple inches deep. I only really care about shoes if they are brand new, but the trainers I'm taking are a good 7 months old so I'll just throw them out afterwards.

Wellies?! pffttt!

http://www.sportsdirect.com/Products/SD/PI...bes-222272.aspx

I'll be taking a pair of these this year - great for long walks (trekked around the jungle in Borneo last year & they were soooooo comfy - got an arch support in them & the grip on them is great for rough terrain, so Glastonbury's going to be a doddle ;))

& if you get caught in a downpour in them, they won't rub & can actually keep tired feet quite refreshed. Great for getting through mud without the floor sucking them whole from your feet, as long as you don't mind a bit of squige between your toes (personally find it quite fun but each to their own :D )

The same for good boots goes for good sandals. I wear a lovely pair of Ecco sandals that I've had for about 7 years and they're ridiculously comfy, and my favourite pair of shoes to walk long distances in.

I'll check the weather Tuesday night and if it says no rain, then I shall leave the Hunters at home - I'd rather buy a cheap pair of wellies on site if it does start throwing it down by some random act of God than lug a huge pair of wellies on public transport.

Wellies?! pffttt!

http://www.sportsdirect.com/Products/SD/PI...bes-222272.aspx

I'll be taking a pair of these this year - great for long walks (trekked around the jungle in Borneo last year & they were soooooo comfy - got an arch support in them & the grip on them is great for rough terrain, so Glastonbury's going to be a doddle :angry:)

& if you get caught in a downpour in them, they won't rub & can actually keep tired feet quite refreshed. Great for getting throug mud without the floor sucking them whole from your feet, as long as you don't mind a bit of squige between your toes (personally find it quite fun but each to their own :lol: )

Thing is. Even if there is one fairly heavy shower, Wellies will be a must for the rest of the day.

Currently there's a bit of rain forecast on the Friday evening. Obviously at peak time when a lot of people will on site and crucially moving about the site.

This will def put pay to the plans of anyone to wear trainers if that materialises.

However hopefully it's all dry by Saturday and the comfy trainer / shorts combo can continue.