You still wearing Welllies?

Guest alix08

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Two reasons:

#1 Thought weather forecast in 2005 didn't warrant wellies; didn't account for the storm of biblical proportions on Thursday night. Had to then queue and pay a fortune for wellies.

#2 Might be really sunny 90% of the time, but then even a small amount of rain can turn the site into a squelchy mess!

Im taking wellies just in case but also taking my adidas trainers which I normally wear and are well comfy and also flip flops for during the day if really hot.

Ive got some converse boots but wouldnt take them as the tread isnt that great and I slipped in them a few years back when it was a bit slippy somewhere and broke my elbow so wouldnt advise them, and cos theyre so flat they make the arch of my feet hurt.

Im taking wellies just in case but also taking my adidas trainers which I normally wear and are well comfy and also flip flops for during the day if really hot.

Ive got some converse boots but wouldnt take them as the tread isnt that great and I slipped in them a few years back when it was a bit slippy somewhere and broke my elbow so wouldnt advise them, and cos theyre so flat they make the arch of my feet hurt.

Looking at the forecasts, it's gonna be sun, sun, sun!!! Totally brilliant weather wise but completely cocks up my packing and clothes etc??!! What do you wear girls if not wellies with your shorts? Can't wear flipflops as I'd hate to have all my toes broken in a crowd?.. would look a reet ijit in shorts and walking shoes..... trainers wouldn't be too pleasant for anyone after 5 x days....

ANy ideas girls - please, I know it's not a fashion parade but want to look 1/2 way to decent if poss....

thx

xxx

I am a dancing girl, and I hate having to dance in wellies or walking boots, which both seem to make my feet unbearably hot and sweaty. Even when it has rained at Glastonbury it's usually still been warm. I have a pair of TEVA treking sandals, which are a similar idea to the sandals posted above, and the are amazing.

They have one continuous strap that you can tighten to your foot, which means that you can get through the stickiest mud in them, also when walking through wet mud, they splat it out of the way somehow, so your feet don't get that dirty. In deep wet mud or unavoidable large puddles, it's easy to wash your feet afterwards under a tap, the webbing dries up really quickly. Walking through oozy mud is actually quite pleasant :ph34r:

I think that they were about 50 quid, but have lasted every Glast since 2002, hence my knowledge of how they stand up to every type of mud. I think they are pretty undestructable.

I did resort to wellies in 2007 though, and can only think that some must be comfier than others, maybe it's like the sandals and you get what you pay for, maybe I need to see them as an investment. Are Hunters the only comfi ones? Is it worth spending more on them?

I am a dancing girl, and I hate having to dance in wellies or walking boots, which both seem to make my feet unbearably hot and sweaty. Even when it has rained at Glastonbury it's usually still been warm. I have a pair of TEVA treking sandals, which are a similar idea to the sandals posted above, and the are amazing.

They have one continuous strap that you can tighten to your foot, which means that you can get through the stickiest mud in them, also when walking through wet mud, they splat it out of the way somehow, so your feet don't get that dirty. In deep wet mud or unavoidable large puddles, it's easy to wash your feet afterwards under a tap, the webbing dries up really quickly. Walking through oozy mud is actually quite pleasant :ph34r:

I think that they were about 50 quid, but have lasted every Glast since 2002, hence my knowledge of how they stand up to every type of mud. I think they are pretty undestructable.

I did resort to wellies in 2007 though, and can only think that some must be comfier than others, maybe it's like the sandals and you get what you pay for, maybe I need to see them as an investment. Are Hunters the only comfi ones? Is it worth spending more on them?

Wellies?! pffttt!

http://www.sportsdirect.com/Products/SD/PI...bes-222272.aspx

I'll be taking a pair of these this year - great for long walks (trekked around the jungle in Borneo last year & they were soooooo comfy - got an arch support in them & the grip on them is great for rough terrain, so Glastonbury's going to be a doddle :))

& if you get caught in a downpour in them, they won't rub & can actually keep tired feet quite refreshed. Great for getting through mud without the floor sucking them whole from your feet, as long as you don't mind a bit of squige between your toes (personally find it quite fun but each to their own :lol: )

just shelled out £100 on a pair of goretex hiking boots.

very comfortable and im sure they will do my feet proud with the amount of walking thats going to be going on.

they are slightly hot but im sure i can cope with it.

as someone else said buy some decent socks.

after 2005 (& not taking any wellys that year) i decided i would never go without wellys again. i bought a pair of leather timberland wellys which are comphy like walking boots & waterproof like wellys. they are soo bloody comphy & i wore them all festi last year. i will be doing the same again this year :(

I wore hiking boots in 2005, the year of the biblical rains and my feet were absolutely fine. Not a bother at all.

I'll do the same this year. They keep your feet dry, non sweaty and comfy to wear in mud or in dust bowl conditions.

But it being Glasto, I'll be packing an emergency case of wellies, it's just sensible.

im in a right pickle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so who thinks crocs would be ok? still taking wellies but what other shoe to take i just dont know. i have walking boots but they will look horrendous with leggings etc. i have gladiator sandals which wont be comfy or practical at all. and i dont like my trainers lol. what about these ere crocs????????? r they waterproof?comfy?

im in a right pickle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so who thinks crocs would be ok? still taking wellies but what other shoe to take i just dont know. i have walking boots but they will look horrendous with leggings etc. i have gladiator sandals which wont be comfy or practical at all. and i dont like my trainers lol. what about these ere crocs????????? r they waterproof?comfy?

wellies and crocs all the way for me, they maybe dont look that stylsih but crocs are great if its warm or wear with socks if its cold and wellies for the rest of the time (pretty sure theyll be some mud somewhere!) took some other trainers with me last year and never wore them!

I've got some cheap Croc rip offs that I'm considering taking. Going to take my "mud trainers", which is an old pair of Etnies that I wear when I'm walking lots, and a pair of flip flops too.

I want to take wellies just in case but I have no idea where to get any from ! I don't have any, and I'd rather not spend more than a tenner on them because I'm unlikely to use them for a very very long time. Helpppp?

I've got some cheap Croc rip offs that I'm considering taking. Going to take my "mud trainers", which is an old pair of Etnies that I wear when I'm walking lots, and a pair of flip flops too.

I want to take wellies just in case but I have no idea where to get any from ! I don't have any, and I'd rather not spend more than a tenner on them because I'm unlikely to use them for a very very long time. Helpppp?

My problem is we set off from the tent after a cuppa + bacon butty at about 11am and won't be seen again at the tent till early hours. Don't want to set off in my lovely comfy sandles only for the heavens to open 5 hours later and have to walk 40mins back to tent for wellies...... Although I'd rather not have big plastic boots on my feet if it's 20 degrees all day....... B) Decisions, decisions!...

x