Hosp tickets

Guest ossie500

Erm...yes...that is about it! Bloody brilliant for short cuts especially through the Dance Village. Other than that, get out to the real festival and enjoy yourself!

The hospitality camping area is in a brilliant spot for moving about the site. Usually there is plenty of space and tents are not packed in tightly. 2007 was over subscribed imo and they had to open other areas for folks to set up camp. Last year though was good with space in most areas of the 3 fields open to Hosp tix.

There is a good bar that does really nice food. ME usually does a bit of a speech and there was a band on last year but didn't get over to watch it. A DJ is on until about 3am from Thurs night onwards. The toilets have seats, hot water and are regularly cleaned.

I heard a rumour that things are changing though this year and there is to be additional camping areas at the rear of Other stage, oh and more facilities including showers. I must stress it's only a rumour.

Contary to popular belief, it's not an area full of Hooha henries, posers or wannabies. There are always band members about the bar area along with other celeb types and they never get hassled.

My advice is get used to the various entrances and exits. There are 4 in total and all useful depending on where you are going, obviously. Do you have Hosp car parking? because that is the area you will sign in and get your wristband etc. The parking site appears to have moved this year as last year we were right at gate 5 last year. That is the area to get signed in. 2007 we were not allowed into hosp until thurs lunch time as we had missed the 10 pm max for our wristbands. Last year we got there weds at 9pm and had no probs, in fact we were one of the first to set up camp.

Anything else just ask.

Enjoy.

The hospitality camping area is in a brilliant spot for moving about the site. Usually there is plenty of space and tents are not packed in tightly. 2007 was over subscribed imo and they had to open other areas for folks to set up camp. Last year though was good with space in most areas of the 3 fields open to Hosp tix.

There is a good bar that does really nice food. ME usually does a bit of a speech and there was a band on last year but didn't get over to watch it. A DJ is on until about 3am from Thurs night onwards. The toilets have seats, hot water and are regularly cleaned.

I heard a rumour that things are changing though this year and there is to be additional camping areas at the rear of Other stage, oh and more facilities including showers. I must stress it's only a rumour.

Contary to popular belief, it's not an area full of Hooha henries, posers or wannabies. There are always band members about the bar area along with other celeb types and they never get hassled.

My advice is get used to the various entrances and exits. There are 4 in total and all useful depending on where you are going, obviously. Do you have Hosp car parking? because that is the area you will sign in and get your wristband etc. The parking site appears to have moved this year as last year we were right at gate 5 last year. That is the area to get signed in. 2007 we were not allowed into hosp until thurs lunch time as we had missed the 10 pm max for our wristbands. Last year we got there weds at 9pm and had no probs, in fact we were one of the first to set up camp.

Anything else just ask.

Enjoy.

Have only had 12 years of hospitality tickets (through work), and I have to say that apart from showers / flushing toilets and a bar / food place there is not much difference.

It might be slightly more secure, but by Thursday night the camping is a full as any other part of the site. You will see some band members, but in general they are "in and out" and not really hanging about. You will also see the BBC coverage area behind the power / rigging area and the assorted presenters doing their bit. On Sunday Michael Eavis will do a press conference, but that's about it.

Hmm. I just received tickets etc through the post this morning, and found out that the interstage camping for hospitality and press has now moved to the old cinema field. I'm wondering whether this will be as good - I quite liked having the bar right next to my tent! And although the showers will definitely be a plus, it'll be annoying being at one extreme end of the festival as opposed to being camped right in the middle.

A question: as we still have access to interstage anyway, could we just go and camp there? It does state on the fine guide that there is camping still there...

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm. I just received tickets etc through the post this morning, and found out that the interstage camping for hospitality and press has now moved to the old cinema field. I'm wondering whether this will be as good - I quite liked having the bar right next to my tent! And although the showers will definitely be a plus, it'll be annoying being at one extreme end of the festival as opposed to being camped right in the middle.

A question: as we still have access to interstage anyway, could we just go and camp there? It does state on the fine guide that there is camping still there...

Same place as before, hosp camping hasn't moved. Colleagues already in place this morning for pre-production set up. Top Tip: The part closest to The Other Stage is marked up as "Medical Staff" and fills up last. (It's not EXCLUSIVELY for Medical Staff), so if you arrive after Thursday night, head straight there. Good luck.