what womens essentials do i need to pack?

Guest derfman

my best bud is coming to glasto for the first time this year, shes never been camping and never been to a festival, problem is im good at packing an organising and she isnt

i can get together all the usual stuff

but is there anything im missing that im gonna need to pack for her?

any advice will be appreciated

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...you basically just think about all the stuff you might normally use over a week (or alternatives).

It's not Rocket Surgery... :D

If the worst comes to the worst, most things are available on-site, almost 24/5, albeit for an inflated price.

Baby wipes, little packs of tissues to use instead of bog roll, easier to carry around. She will probably take make-up stuff but those packs of face cleanser / makeup remover are easier than bottles of stuff. Hat for cold evenings. Small travel size bottles of shampoo / toiletries if dry shampoo not an option. Small rucksack - no handbags.

...you basically just think about all the stuff you might normally use over a week (or alternatives).

It's not Rocket Surgery... :D

If the worst comes to the worst, most things are available on-site, almost 24/5, albeit for an inflated price.

Edited by derfman

A mirror. Everyone says it doesn't matter what you look like at Glastonbury but it is nice to have at least some idea (and thats a lie anyway!)

An empty wide necked fabric conditioner bottle if you aren't already taking travel johns. For me that has made such a difference to my festival for the last few years. After a night of drinking having to get dressed and trek across the field for the loo in the middle of the night or early morning - well it's a thinkg of the past now.

It's light and can just tie to the outside of your rucksack - no trouble to take - even if she initially thinks you are a lunatic for suggesting she pee in a fabric conitioner bottle I reckon she will probably thank you before the end of the weekend - well as long as you don't do what my other half did and film her and threaten to Youtube it!

My gf's not doing Glastonbury but she's done more festivals than most, here's her list.

Tampons. God forbid you have your period, it makes mucky toilets so much harder to handle.

Hand gel, anti-bacterial.

Baby wipes.

Dry Shampoo.

Deoderant obviously, but make it a roll on, smaller and easier to carry.

Pain Killers.

Water bottle.

fair comment but the point i was making was that its not for me, and shes thought of stuff she would probably need but i needed to know if there was anything that we might not hav thought of that the fairer sex would need for 5 days in a field

and people have been most helpfull

*when i go i usaly go with guys and we dont wash or change clothes lol so i dont know*

cheers guys!....well gals!

Edited by Storm_NL

You can get pills from the docs to delay your period - I got them last year. You need to start taking them a few days beforehand and then keep taking them until you are happy for your period to start 24-48 hours later. I got them last year - saved my life at the fest as I would not have been wanting to pack and then carry around enough tampons all weekend :D

These pills work a treat....i get them for every holiday whether a festie or not....they're called Primolut

Working where I work I've discovered that some women seem obsessed with straightening their hair. It's usually ladies with naturally curly hair. Those with naturally straight hair always seem to want their hair curly!

:)FIGURES!