Interesting iPhone app developed for Glastonbury

Guest scmusic

It's not Glastonav.

For a start iPhones are only officially available on 02.

It's a pretty safe bet that the map won't need an internet connection to work, GPS signal won't be an issue as it's more like a TV or radio signal - it doesn't matter how many people are using it.

Check it out:

Glastonbury Festival iPhone Application

I will add emphasis to what I found interesting in the blurb about it:

Of course from my experience of Glasto phone reception, GPS is going to be faaaaar more reliable than any data exchange over the mobile networks... Never mind as well that leaving GPS on all the time will reduce the battery life of any phone by miles...

I remember back in 97 when no-one seemed to have a phone. We survived tho and that was in a monsoon. We had to meet friends arriving from Scotland so one of us had to go to gate 2 every hour on the hour till we met.

And does anyone remember that tent where you went to leave written messages for friends? Or the meeting point where everyone scribbbled a message? Those were the days! Wouldn't like to repeat all that again tho.

I remember back in 97 when no-one seemed to have a phone. We survived tho and that was in a monsoon. We had to meet friends arriving from Scotland so one of us had to go to gate 2 every hour on the hour till we met.

And does anyone remember that tent where you went to leave written messages for friends? Or the meeting point where everyone scribbbled a message? Those were the days! Wouldn't like to repeat all that again tho.

If I can find a decent battery recharger I'll be taking my iphone to Glasto (any recommendations?), mainly to keep up with exciting developments/secret gigs via twitter.

Also, can't seem to find that App via the app store...am I being stupid?

twitter.com/glastodave

• 3 weeks later...
Check it out:

Glastonbury Festival iPhone Application

I will add emphasis to what I found interesting in the blurb about it:

Of course from my experience of Glasto phone reception, GPS is going to be faaaaar more reliable than any data exchange over the mobile networks... Never mind as well that leaving GPS on all the time will reduce the battery life of any phone by miles...

I reckon you'd be crazy to take an iPhone, mine'll be staying safely at home and I'll be taking my oldschool Nokia ... Snake tournament anyone!?! :P

taling of phone aps, anyone recieved the glastonav link from orange yet?

If you have trouble charging you phone at glasto, try a portable charger. We use an evolution 2000 made by Powerfreakz. You can charge up you iphone as well as other devices. Came in handy last year with mine and my mrs' phones.

I will be taking my iphone this year. Don't see a problem with taking it...?