For fans of rock, don't forget Terry Reid, Park Stage, Sunday

Guest challengechappers

Jimmy Page's first choice to sing for Led Zeppelin..............passed on fronting Deep Purple...... kind of blew his chance to be famous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vBn65wTR0...feature=related

and still cuts it live:

(both a bit rough but the studio versions are beautiful)

....sadly i think this thread will sink without a trace in true Terry Reid style :)

Edited by challengechappers

saw him play 3 times at glasto in 2006 (?), jazzworld, avalon and guardian tent. he played some of his classics plus some interesting covers in his own style (waterloo sunset, don't worry baby). still got the voice, even though he's getting on a bit now :P

Well Linda Lewis is at on the same day so i wouldn't bet against them performing Dean together, which (as i've already decided in my head is happening) will be the highlight of the weekend for me

anyway heres that clip for the 15th time, but it is just too good

Superlungs!!

He plays most years doesnt he?

he's played a few times in the last few years, but not before that since the first one (or was it the 2nd?).

I saw him a few years back (without knowing anything about him, and I still don't really), and he was superb - I highly recommend people to check him out.