How likely?

Guest mike46

I don't think it will happen, as people have said they have been offered major slots for major money and turned them down. The lineup will complete or at least damn near now anyway.

As for how good they are, I agree with 'over-rated'. It means I don't think their music was special enough to warrant the following they have and the excitement they generate. 2 albums, 1 good, not great. Just my opinion though!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw the story on the gig last night my mind immediately went to them showing up to Glasto for Pete's set. I would definitely die if it happened, though I'll still be happy with Pete solo if that's all that it turns out to be. We don't get to see Pete here in the US, so any I'll take what I can get.

And the fact that Gary was there as well, and Drew, and Patrick...definitely all my favorite characters in the large group of musicians that have been associated with Pete. Very exciting.

I like how nice non-fans are being in this thread.

Absolutely loved The Libertines when they first broke through - don't think I really want to see a proper reunion though because it might ruin it - but it seems pretty likely - They did turn down a lot of money to headline Reading, and if they do reform will probably be able to get a lot of money for headline slots at fests next year, but Pete does seem to like Glasto, so I wouldn't rule out a set by them at all - but it isn't something I'd bet on happening.

Just hoping that there isn't anything I really wanna see on at the same time as Pete now - wasn't planning to watch him for the third year in a row, but I'd be gutted if I missed some sort of reunion set so I think I might have to go watch him again.

I agree it's unlikely they'll appear, what with Reading/Leeds offering millions, but as you said Pete loves Glastonbury, and the libs are known for surprise guerilla gigs....Carl appearing at Hackney Empire, and the Tap 'N' Tin gigs for starters!

Download the "unofficial" "First album" Legs 11 off the albion arks (free and legal :lol: )

then buy the first "official" album up the bracket then you'll see why.. :P

But obviously not pyramid headliners, but Deffo other stage headliners :P

Edited by BenchBuddah

having seen em twice a few yrs back off the back of the first album i didnt think they merit all the adulation they get.

however, even tho i'm not a fan as such, a libs reformation would be a good thing, carl and pete are wasting their talent apart, they need to be together and i've no doubt they'd do well back together.

i'd go watch it if i thought it would happen, it'd be a major moment and fan or not, thats a cool thing to see.

plus they aint THAT bad... :lol:

certainly better than anything in the scene they spawned...

Then why post on a thread about them? if you obviously think they arn't worth a breath, or even a type. Then whats the point in typing negativity about a band, when there a plently of people that like them? why can't you just leave it? :lol:

Jeeezz.. Some people.. :lol: