Anyone started their festival shopping yet?

Guest grumpyhack

Did my first bit of Glasto shopping today. Re-useable things like tents and lights I've got permanently stored but stocked up at LIDLs with 24 cans of Prosecco (nothing like a glass of bubbly and some strawberries once you've got the tents up).

245avzp.jpg

Also my first packets of dried stuff - pasta meals that you just add water to etc.

As I build my store cupboard it all starts to get real.

Anyone else started shopping yet?

Edited by grumpyhack

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I visited Lidl today too!!

Got a couple of good bargains too. Bargain one was a 3m x 2m tarp which will come in useful for £2.99, and the best one was a waterproof round the neck pouch type thing for your camera/phone etc. Intended for snorkelling, but I am thinking ideal for the very slim chance its very rainy. And that was only £1.99!!

Just looked on the site and they have a camping equipment week starting on the 18th, wohoo!

Yes. Have bought tents,camping lights,portable cooker,rucksacks, pots,pans and................then got cold feet and hired a winnebago. Sorry folks but the call of my own hot shower got too much.

The big advantage of course is that I can fit in excess of 10 crates of beer without it compromising the load capacity......may have to cut back on undercrackers but who needs them when youve drunk 20 pints of brothers cider.

love and peace.

yeyyyyyyyyyyy, bought tent rucksack clothes umm self inflating mattress, spare camera and phone battery, spare memory card lol, welllies!, dry shampoo, sorted out some daily disposable contacts so i dnt have to faff with my monthlies......still lots to gooooooo lol....

should i buy a shower then??? not fussed for queueing for one at the ones on site. do people generally not shower for 5 days? (daft question??)

Yes. Have bought tents,camping lights,portable cooker,rucksacks, pots,pans and................then got cold feet and hired a winnebago. Sorry folks but the call of my own hot shower got too much.

Upgraded my 2 man quechua to a 3 man, bought a sleeping bed (quechua sleeping bag with inflatable matress built in), just ordered my rucksack (will start to pack when it arrives ;-) got some glowsticks today, an efestivals t-shirt, and going to get a camera and memory cards etc when I get paid.

Exciting times!

Edited by glastoman417

Did my first bit of Glasto shopping today. Re-useable things like tents and lights I've got permanently stored but stocked up at LIDLs with 24 cans of Prosecco (nothing like a glass of bubbly and some strawberries once you've got the tents up).

245avzp.jpg

245avzp.jpg

Also my first packets of dried stuff - pasta meals that you just add water to etc.

As I build my store cupboard it all starts to get real.

Anyone else started shopping yet?

got some batterys for the stereo today , also stocking up on tesco's £1 for 6 cans fiery ginger ale to go with jamesons .. great after the hill of death , marathon tent putting up and fire wood cutting .. propper getting excited now im having little sex wee's :P