Wedding Vs. Glasto

Guest Jutt69

Wedding Vs. Glasto  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should I go to my little Brother's wedding or Glasto?

• Wedding
    • Glasto

i voted wedding, but i now think you should go to glasto. a facebook invite is shoddy. plus if he was intent on you being there he'd've made sure not to have his wedding on the one weekend that would mess up your year.

one of my group was going to sack off glasto this year for a mate's wedding. when she realised the rest of us would go without her on the coach (she's our main driver), she decided they weren't that close mates, she wouldn't be missed in all the excitement and confetti and she could watch the video later. as a tribute to said bride, we intend finding wedding outfits on the day of her wedding and sending her pics so at least she knows we are thinking of her.

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

abit related, but not really.

I gave birth on my big sisters wedding day. (and she married like 100+ miles away sooo alll my family including my mum and that were away!)

shes now going through a divorce <_< evil barstward ran off with another women.B)(married 1 year)

moral of the story.

go to glasto!

Edited by Rachie

abit related, but not really.

I gave birth on my big sisters wedding day. (and she married like 100+ miles away sooo alll my family including my mum and that were away!)

shes now going through a divorce :D evil barstward ran off with another women.:)(married 1 year)

moral of the story.

go to glasto!

You should discuss this with your bro - if he tells you that it would really, really mean a lot for you to be there and that he's sorry for arranging it at such short notice - then aight, wedding I suppose.... its not out of the question to do both anyway if you feel you must - Glasto may be every year but;

If you weren't told the date until after you'd booked your Glasto tickets (plus you were invited on f**king facebook) then I say don't sack off Glasto - either do both or just miss the wedding (unless as said above, it would proper mean a lot to your bro for you to be there - like he'd be gutted if you weren't - I dunno how close you are to your bro) - He'll still be married after Glasto weekend anyway....

Edited by Vacant0

Well most of these responses are not what I expected on the Glasto forum! Thanks anyway everyone for your input.

Really there is no way I would miss Glasto, my Bro said he was cool with it and I think I believe him. He has decided to have a party in our hometown (which is not Sheffield where the wedding is) so that will have to do!

See you at the cider bus real ale tent!

C'mon. He's your brother. You must have a pretty f**ked up relationship with him to miss his wedding. Pick another festi this year. Come to Lowlands in The Netherland. It's like Glasto, only smalller! :ph34r:

Glasto for me.

On the following logic.

You had made your plans for this year ie going to Glastonbury and forked out the hard earned for it.

It was an invite from Facebook. Now I would not comment on your personal circumstances but if my brother did that to me, I would rip his c8ck off, slap him a bit and tell him how bloody rude and impersonal it was... *whilst pointing at the telephone*

Also I guess you have not been asked to be best man or anything.

Then there is your life.

This is a special time for you, could be constituted as your anniversary with your current partner. I for one always put Mrs Strudders first over my immediate family because I have to live with her and we are a team. For this reason alone I would tell your Brother:

"Look sorry fella, thanks very much for the invite *through gritted teeth* but I cant make the Wedding, as both me and the Mrs have a special date on that weekend. However we will make it up to you and your new wife when we get back and have some quality time (say a weekend) together larging it up and celebrating your nuptials"

I am sure he will understand.

If he does not, say, well why did you not let me know in advance and stick in your term of Bell end! at the appropriate place. :ph34r: