LOCK UP ANNOUNCED

Guest gaslight123

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mad Caddies are there, but in terms of others (bit rusty on record labels so bare with me)

Less Than Jake, Goldfinger, Flogging Molly played the lock up last year, could still play low on the main

Dropkick Murphys were always fairly unlikely as a repeat booking

Reel Big Fish are still a possibility for low main, as are New Found Glory and Bowling for Soup

Rancid and NOFX, even when they have albums out are rarely on festival bills, and are both arguably too big for the lock up, I get the impression FR underestimate what a draw these bands are and places them alongside the bands I mentioned above as "mid afternoon novelty acts" which probably isnt good enough for the bands themselves.

Edited by she bangs the drums

Billy Talent and Anti-Flag.... what about Bad Religion, No Use For A Name, Lagwagon, Misfits... and obviously Rancid and NoFX. As you can see, I like my American punk and Leeds Festival is the only UK Festival that caters for my taste, but the genre of bands seems to be changing as the years go by.

With Faith No More looking likely to headline the Radio 1 tent, its looking less and less likely that Weezer or Offspring will be playing too.

Can I justify paying £175 for a handful of bands? Not really, but i will still have a great time.

Edited by Dropkick Murphy

I wouldnt be that surprised if a couple of bands slotted in below Bloc Party on the sunday and would possibly include Weezer as candidates. VW just dont seem big enough to be third as I've never heard them mentioned apart from on here!

Really liking the sound of Rival Schools! :D

Edit; May I just Reinforce this! I'm so surprised and happy I like them this much... You know when you start listening to a band and you can tell pretty near the start they may become one of your fav bands..? I love that feeling and ts what I'm getting right now

Weirdly enough I only came across Quicksand a couple of days ago, who I also like and they've got some kind of connection so I've read :)

Edited by inspectedinspector

im surprised FLC are getting so much love on this board, they played my university ball a couple of years ago and are in the same category as chesney hawkes, rachel stevens, the subways and carl kennedys band from neighbours haha. Granted feeder are headlining this year but FLC have always seemed like a band well past there prime

im surprised FLC are getting so much love on this board, they played my university ball a couple of years ago and are in the same category as chesney hawkes, rachel stevens, the subways and carl kennedys band from neighbours haha. Granted feeder are headlining this year but FLC have always seemed like a band well past there prime

Have to say this announcement is doing me some good, having checked out the bands myspace's I've dicovered a fair few bands I hadn't really given a chance before.

Listening to Chuck Ragan on Spotify at the moment and loving it, I've got Mad Caddies, Rival Schools, Streelight Manifesto and The Aggrolites on my 'to hear' list, perhaps the Flatliners and The Bronx too.

Only problem for me is there no really decent Saturday headliner for me still, probably end up seeing The Gossip as it stands.

Oh yeah and looking for to Municipal Waste after 07 :D

I think I might try listening to some of these bands I don't know, especially as there is nothing much else to watch on the Saturday. Disappointed that Rise Against are headlining, was hoping for 36CF. Maybe that was slightly optimistic, but who doesn't like a bit of Alaskan metal? :angry: