Lockup headliners maybe next week

Guest Keva

Perhaps, but I think their popularity's gone down a fair bit in recent years, not much in the way of radioplay or hit single, so the crowd that are attracted by that sort of thing are likely to be at the mainstage, attracting the slightly more hardcore fans instead. Hopefully.

edit:managed to quote myself by mistake. awesome.

Yeah Offspring will not headline the lock-up. People will actually die. We dont want that.

Im hoping for Rancid With bouncing souls or bad religion, then maybe Alexisonfire, Finch, 36 crazy fists the other day?

Or maybe theyr'e gonna make one day more hardcore and have Converge followed by Dillinger escape plan :wacko: I can dream

He does this every year.

It'll be four weeks before he reveals both. And if we do get one earlier than that, it'll be Rise Against.

I know their last two albums have completely bombed (I liked the last one but its sales were still down there), but The Offspring are still way too big for the lockup. It's not as if they're clashing with Rage or something.

He does this every year.

It'll be four weeks before he reveals both. And if we do get one earlier than that, it'll be Rise Against.

I know their last two albums have completely bombed (I liked the last one but its sales were still down there), but The Offspring are still way too big for the lockup. It's not as if they're clashing with Rage or something.

Offspring won't headline the lock-up, the headlined the mainstage at Download last year! The lock-up was full for Flogging Molly last year, as someone already said, if the offspring headlined people would die.

In terms of bands who's reputation has dropped, I reckon Sum 41 might be a decent shout. Rancid are my preferred choice for the Arctic Monkeys night, although BFS would also be cool.

I'm not a big Rise Against fan so they can headline the friday while the Offspring do the NME :wacko:

Whoops, seems I was a little optimistic there then. Ah well, Rancid and any of the previously mentioned bands would be amazing, particularly Against Me! though I doubt they'd be overly high up. An agressive band and a fun band would be a perfect complement for the current line up methinks.

Rise Against have already self-confirmed, correct?

So I'd imagine they'd be one of the lock-up headliners. I hope they play Friday (Reading), because I'm really not too fussed about KoL.

If The Offspring do play anywhere it will be the NME(/mainstage?), as people have said they're a bit too "big" to be headlining the Lockup.