The official Reading/Leeds forums

Guest JameSemajj

Totally agree, good call!!!

Surprised tbh that the 'official' RF forum has managed to get away for so long with a small infantile and spiteful clique (some of whom are 'moderators') who like nothing more than to attack individually then wait while the rest come and jump in like hyenas on unsuspecting innocent posters, sorry I think I'm supposed to say "dumb stupid c**t noooooooooooooooobs"

Not that I've ever tried, honest!!!! ;)

Absolutely laughable, and there are a few of the older posters on there that are embarrassed by it....

Edited by DougalMcGuire

i dont like it atall, festivals are such a friendly time and the official thing is really just either "i have heard of bands you dont know so therefore im better than you" sort of people or people who just are not very nice people who sit at home (probably at uni studying somthing pointless) laughing in a stupid fasion typeing away

wow i do feel rather better now shared my thoughts!!!

i dont like it atall, festivals are such a friendly time and the official thing is really just either "i have heard of bands you dont know so therefore im better than you" sort of people or people who just are not very nice people who sit at home (probably at uni studying somthing pointless) laughing in a stupid fasion typeing away

wow i do feel rather better now shared my thoughts!!!

They're a bunch of pathetic indie kids and metal-heads who both like nothing but a very limited and generic group of bands, who think the way to discuss a festival and generally converse is through trying to think up the most fashionably unwitty insults for each other.

good thread! .

I joined R/L (leeds) forum about this time last year and spoken to 'some' nice ppl, like 2.

I found this forum through that forum, and joined. Efestivals is a lot more friendly'er place and i'm happy to post without the of getting ripped or ignored! :-( .

But i.ll give'em this tho. I think the site is setup better, with all the different sub topic's which this one needs. Or maybe l don't know how to work this one proper yet. :-)

Now l feel better for getting that off my chest!

Cheers.

really? i find it far too cluttered and too many sub-forums. i MUCH prefer this place. i agree that the official forums are very cliquey like.

I see what your saying about it being "far too cluttered". But if l want to talk about. . . I don't know. . . . . computer games or a film or something thats not got anything to do with the festival, there's nothing here. I would have to make a new thread. Ok l know there's other forums and things but, you now what l mean. . . It sounds like i'm bitch'in about this site now, but i'm not. I do like it on here. :-)

really....? :P:P:)

/index.php?showforum=6">clicky

Edited by eFestivals

:P

Like l said l don't know how to use this forum proper yet !

How do l get to that page without clicking on you clicky?

And cheers. :-)

It is though, the moderators on the official forums are bloooody awful. they are so nasty to everyone, thread are constantly being deleted (since when do thread get deleted on a social forums?) and they just flame everyone!

Efests is generally full of, well im not gunna say nicer people coz I dont know the ppl on the official forums but definately a LOT more open minded and welcoming. I agree with some of the above threads, they are very narrow minded sometimes and are I like this band you dont therefore I am better than you. I got called "inbred" for not liking a specific type of music much (metal, I do like it just not as much as some) and for suggesting that if they wanted soooo much metal then they would be better off at download! and to top that one of the moderators actually quoted it had a good old chuckle and was like "I love you whatever their name was" It wasnt like I was like f**k off to download I was just saying if its MAINLY metal you want then leeds/readingis not the place for them and download would suit their tastes better.

I mean im a big lad I can take it on the chin but A I shouldnt have to and B doesnt mean I cant be annoyed somewhat

and there is a group of 3-4 ppl on the official leeds forums that basically lick eachothers backsides and are like a pack of wolves when it comes to insulting and belittling those who disagree with them and one of them is a moderator on top of all that. Im not naming names but I surely cant be the only one that has noticed this clique of about 4 guys all being up eachothers backsides and squashing everyone else beneath them

As a general rule on the O.R/L they are all childish spiteful and a bunch of musical snobs

Im sure theyre nice people and I totally agree with not starting an internet war but I deffo prefer here, people seem to be a lot warmer and willing to accept the views of one another

and I promise I am not normally this worked up or aggressive its just a subject I happen to feel strongly on. sorry for the rant guys and gals

Once again the people on here seen to be trying to start an internet war and we're the pathetic, childish ones, right.

No, it's a discussion about a particular subject.

Just because the subject might happen to be about ORF and people's dislike of it doesn't mean that it's purpose is 'war'. Or do you think that people are only allowed to have good opinions of particular things?

Valid criticism is valid criticism, and what is valid criticism is a matter of personal opinion - it's those that think any criticism is pathetic and childish that are the real pathetic and childish ones. ;)

Get over yourself, really. ;)