Its Deffo Faith No More.

Guest dan666

Download Dog has been giving clues in the last half hour and they all add up to FNM. Neil was once again right. Well done Sir.

So. I have not listened to much of FNM, listening to The Real Thing on youtube, Any other reccomendations ppl wanna tell me??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's an element of piss-taking for all the leaks there have been through Kerrang and ... well, here. :-)

Great news. Can't believe all the people throwing their toys out on the official forums. It must be a thankless task being any band to headline Download that isn't Rammstein, Iron Maiden or Metallica. When one of the dog's clues was '3 Top 10 UK albums', some cretin said that Green Day had 4, which was technically 3. Talk about desperation. Some people will still be saying "Green Day will be on soon" when FNM are tearing the stage a new arse

And I bet there are still a few people on there doing the whole "efests saying tbc means nothing" thing.

I think there's an element of piss-taking for all the leaks there have been through Kerrang and ... well, here. :-)

Great news. Can't believe all the people throwing their toys out on the official forums. It must be a thankless task being any band to headline Download that isn't Rammstein, Iron Maiden or Metallica. When one of the dog's clues was '3 Top 10 UK albums', some cretin said that Green Day had 4, which was technically 3. Talk about desperation. Some people will still be saying "Green Day will be on soon" when FNM are tearing the stage a new arse

And I bet there are still a few people on there doing the whole "efests saying tbc means nothing" thing.

Faith No More are worth the countdown in my opinion. Bearing in mind that a) the countdown can be explained in other terms than "the greatest band you've ever known" and b ) they hadn't actually announced their reunion until after the countdown began. I trust eFests, but on the L/R section, Neil wasn't sure even after the press release had gone out last week. They're a massive band that nobody was sure was coming.

The countdown ... I'm guessing LN knew the furore it would create and loved every second. All the hype = extra hits and extra attention. The core Downloaders - who aren't idiots - will go even if they don't like the final headliner, and all additional attention is good.

I mean, I bought my ticket before the first announcement, because there'll always be someone good to watch - but announcing FNM would have sold it to me on them alone. And there must be a fair few people out there like me who hadn't bought their tickets. Given all the hype, I'd say FNM will sell more tickets than Rammstein.

Edited by damagedoor

faith no more are the deciding factor for me opting for download rather than rock am ring. The download organisers honestly can't win, they've opted to go for a less emo-tastic lineup (probably as it's dawned on them that more 16 year olds want to go to reading/leeds as it has the reputation for being the cool festival, and their festival is bang in the middle of exam season), and aimed for a slightly older audience, yet are still getting lynched.

And just incase anyone's wondering, the new my chemical romance song is cracking :lol:

you lucky luck b****ds !!!!!!! I can't believe it, this means they are back together and the renunion too is gonna happen OMFG!!!!

and believe me FNM are worth a countdown they are an amazing band - I could listening to my Angel dust album for like forever!!!

I'm actually in shock :lol: