any sensible ideas on headliners for sat & sun

Guest whojam

lots of bands been ruled out, led zep, eagles, radiohead, oasis, springsteen, kings of leon, ac/dc so who is going to be in?

my best guess is any of these - arctic monkeys, duran duran, neil young, blur, kasabian, the specials & fleetwood mac.

anyone got any other realistic suggestions-

Edited by whojam

I have this feeling we are going to get U2 and The Killers

giddings denied u2 on isle of wight radio and the killer are touring america till july Thats good info but could Giddings be giving us all porkys and end up with some act he has already said he is not having, This is to keep us all guessing on who it will be.

I only mentioned RHCP because theyve been rumoured every year for the past 5 years.

Theyre shit anyways.

I honestly believe it'll be AM and Blur/Radiohead.

Im playin football with a lad in the know on sunday. He told me about Prodigy day or two before it were announced. I'll ask him if hes heard owt.

I only mentioned RHCP because theyve been rumoured every year for the past 5 years.

Theyre shit anyways.

I honestly believe it'll be AM and Blur/Radiohead.

Im playin football with a lad in the know on sunday. He told me about Prodigy day or two before it were announced. I'll ask him if hes heard owt.

Has anyone heard any news on what Greenday are doing roundabout June.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nickelback is one of the headliners, theres a lot of talk about them playing Download on the Friday night

Killers playing US only until July is UTTER bolocks whoever wrote that, they European festival tour begins end of May and they're headlining Rock AM Ring in Germany the week before IOW, so I'd say The Killers are a very strong possibility BUT they're headlining V and Im guessing are an exclusive

Also playing Rock AM Ring are The Kooks, Scouting For Girls, Bloc Party, Placebo and The Script, so a number of those could be at IOW

Franz Ferdinand are doing shit loads of festivals at the time so they could play IOW, but headline im not so sure

Southside the following week has the following playing

Die Ärzte, Ben Harper and Relentless7, Disturbed, Franz Ferdinand, Moby, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Kings Of Leon, Katy Perry, Editors, Tomte, Gogol Bordello, Kraftwerk, Ska-P, The Wombats, Johnossi, Get Well Soon, Clueso, The Sounds, Fettes Brot, Culcha Candela, The Gaslight Anthem, Eskimo Joe, The Whip, The Ting Tings, Blood Red Shoes, Karamelo Santo, Nneka

So I reckon Katy Perry, The Wombats, Moby & Nick Cave are possibilities

But really doesn't look like too many headliners from those line ups

Unless IOW goes for a more rock headliner?

I wouldn't be surprised if Nickelback is one of the headliners, theres a lot of talk about them playing Download on the Friday night

Killers playing US only until July is UTTER bolocks whoever wrote that, they European festival tour begins end of May and they're headlining Rock AM Ring in Germany the week before IOW, so I'd say The Killers are a very strong possibility BUT they're headlining V and Im guessing are an exclusive

Also playing Rock AM Ring are The Kooks, Scouting For Girls, Bloc Party, Placebo and The Script, so a number of those could be at IOW

Franz Ferdinand are doing shit loads of festivals at the time so they could play IOW, but headline im not so sure

Southside the following week has the following playing

Die Ärzte, Ben Harper and Relentless7, Disturbed, Franz Ferdinand, Moby, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Kings Of Leon, Katy Perry, Editors, Tomte, Gogol Bordello, Kraftwerk, Ska-P, The Wombats, Johnossi, Get Well Soon, Clueso, The Sounds, Fettes Brot, Culcha Candela, The Gaslight Anthem, Eskimo Joe, The Whip, The Ting Tings, Blood Red Shoes, Karamelo Santo, Nneka

So I reckon Katy Perry, The Wombats, Moby & Nick Cave are possibilities

But really doesn't look like too many headliners from those line ups

Unless IOW goes for a more rock headliner?