Bringing my virgin Hubby

Guest K8P

Is there any body out there with any tips on how to survive Glasto with a virgin husband.

Been coming to glastonbury on and off since 1993. 2007 brought my daughter and last year came on my own to volunteer with the recycling crew.

My lovely hubby did cause a big fuss as why I did not take him so this year his big wish is about to come true.

I am a little nervous as he worries about stuff and I tend to chill.

Is there any body out there with any tips on how to survive Glasto with a virgin husband.

Been coming to glastonbury on and off since 1993. 2007 brought my daughter and last year came on my own to volunteer with the recycling crew.

My lovely hubby did cause a big fuss as why I did not take him so this year his big wish is about to come true.

I am a little nervous as he worries about stuff and I tend to chill.

I suppose you could find out what he is worried about , and take it from there.

If he is OK with camping and has done festivals before then he should be OK ! . A lad posted a bit

ago saying he wanted to bring his g/f to Glasto but she had been to V Festival and hated it and she

hated camping - I am sorry , but I think that should prob mean Glasto is a no no

:)

This will be the first big festival,

we used to go on scooter rallies years ago so the camping side will be ok as long as he has a bottle of vodka under his arm he will be fine :)

Sounds like he will be OK !

The one bit of advice I would give is do not take too much stuff. You have done enough Glasto's

to be able to be a bit strict with what you need.

The biggest source of grief I tend to see at festivals with couples is the walk to the camp site , which

if you are over loaded and struggling to carry/lug only leads to trouble.

:)

My partner's a bit of a worrier too, but he's been to many Glastonbury's. We tend to avoid the crushing crowds, so for example, we'll wait until the pyramid stage has cleared after the headliner before trying to go anywhere. Also take the "back route" up to the stone circle, up past the edge of Lost Vagueness. Just take time...its ok. But I'm sure you'll work out your own ways of dealing with stuff and you'll have an awesome time together!

Thanks for all your support, I know deep down he will be alright it's the not knowing. Roll on the last weekend of June.

we used to go on scooter rallies years ago so the camping side will be ok as long as he has a bottle of vodka under his arm he will be fine :rolleyes:

You need to encourage him to go off for a bit and 'discover' the festival for himself. When I first took my hubby I realised that for the first day or so I'd slipped into being the tour guide and showing him what I loved etc... he was enjoying it but I saw that he wasn't really getting it in the way that Glastonbury does get to you.

So we gave ourselves 4 hours apart to explore and he came back raving like a looney! Just as it should be :rolleyes: