Few questions...

Guest tylerdurden

this year is my first time at glastonbury :angry:

and i'm just wondering about a couple of things,

i dont want to sound like a yob or a new age hippy or anything,

but does anybody know if acid is largely available at glasto?

or would i have to know someone beforehand,

i'm not too into drugs or anything, just think that glastonbury would be the perfect time to trip :P

also, what are peoples opinion on around the park stage area for camping?

in terms of, security, chances of flooding and access to other stages,

thanks in advance :( apologies for the essay x

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BLOTTER-ART-ALBE...A1%7C240%3A1318

you used to be able to get loads of this from the travellers there, unfortunately it rarely had the magic ingredient added to it and was just an expensive piece of paper, a mate of mine bought from six different people in '95 and every single one was a dud :angry: better off going for mushrooms if you want to buy tripping material there

dunno about availability but i wouldn't try it for the first time there. read up about it first, make sure you know about Set and Setting, etc.

i camped right next to the park stage in 2007 and really liked it. handy for other/dance/john peel as well as the park. no need to worry about flooding as its at the top of a hill, 2007 was the wettest year i've been and it was all gravy for us.

and there's a stall that sells porridge up there too :angry: i had it every morning for brekkie.

thanks alot, i totally understand what your saying, i've read alot about it and stuff, heard horror stories of bad trips and things, just really want to try it. i've heard obviously, that the stone circle at night is meant to be rife with stuff like that :angry: but i also heard someone saying it had quietened down there, really interested in mescaline too, just wondering whether it'd be at glastonbury as its not really in fashion round here (Liverpool), so its hard to get hold of. does anyone know if there's any tattoo parlours on site too? thanks alot for the replies, the park does sound a cool place :P

Taking drugs is a personal choice and one that I don't actually partake in (polishes halo!) but, my advice to anybody who wanted to buy drugs of any type at a festival is DON'T!

You don't know what the hell you are buying! It could be absolutely any old shit you are paying for!

i'm not too into drugs or anything, just think that glastonbury would be the perfect time to trip :angry:

Taking trips on your first visit to Glastonbury is such a bad idea I don't know where to start! the place will make your head spin without the use of party prescriptions! If you are not used to a certain drug then don't start experimenting a glastonbury, mates of mine have had horrfic trips at glastonbury and one stayed in her tent for 4 days completely freaked out!

No idea, I stay in Pennards which is the next field and I absolutely love it there.

With regards to security there are varying theories on this one but the one thing I will stick to is don't take anything you can;t afford to lose. Sleep with your wallet, camera and phone in your sleeping bag. Flooding should be minimal due to the fact that ME has spent a fortune on drainage, just try not to pitch your tent at the bottom of a hill and you should be ok.

thanks in advance :P apologies for the essay x

have a good read round this forum and everything you want to know wil have already been asked and answered.

chcoscoffer pretty much answered all you questions but i think someone with a bit of experience in such matters should stress the point of not taking acid or shrooms for the first time in such a setting

if you are taking acid or mushroom or any hallucinogens for the first time you want to be in a familiar setting you feel comfortable in with people you know and trust.

I'd give it a miss if i were you mate it's just not worth the risk of you ruining the entire festival for yourself.

I'm no angel I've tried pretty much everything there is in the past but for me and most friends of mine acid and shrooms were the most unpredictable and uncontrollable especially if you are inexperienced and especially if you are in strange unfamiliar settings and it has the potential of not just screwing up you night for a few hours but screwing up your head full stop.

whilst it's not the most physically damaging and not addictive (supposedly) i do believe it has the potential for damaging people mentally/emotionally even if you take all the supposed precautions that lessen the risks and i have seen this happen to people i know.

don;t get me wrong I'm not fear mongering and claiming i had no good times using these drugs but the few bad times i had WAY outweighed the many good times, you have a bad trip and it can be truly awful and screw you up, i would never even recommend doing acid or shrooms at all tbh. but if you must then read up on it like you said you have and take the precautions that will hopefully help you enjoy the experience.

glasto is so big and there are so many people you just don't know who to ask and who to trust and i would imagine you're just better off buying all the things you want before you go and taking them in yourself rather than waste time and energy faffing about wandering here there and everywhere in the hope you may stumble into someone selling what you want.

but my advice is just don't bother with it mate i can't see it ending well i could not imagine tripping for the first time in such surroundings it seems like a recipe for disaster and a garunteed freak out!

i can remember there being things i took quite regularly and coping fine with and enjoying myself on and then taking them at a festival and it not being a nice experience what so ever and not being able to remedy it and stop it, it really does take everything out of your hands doing drugs in such an enviroment even if you're experienced.

Edited by .jay.

Tyler I got some mushies from a Yorshire girl in 2004 at the stone circle, i pretty much guarantee that if you hang around long enough up there .. you will get some. I myself will be taking some for me & my cuz's g/f from what I've had saved since late last September lol. If you're dead set on taking them m8 and it's your 1st time ... only have a few and if you like them then u can munch on the rest. I won't be having too many at Glasto though cos with all the weird shit going on and the crowds of people flying past you, your head can easily go west lol :angry:

Rather than mushies m8, why not try Salvia .. if Quiggins is still open in town ( Liverpool ) you can buy it legally from there. The hit only lasts a few mins but the effect is huge. If Magic Mushrooms were a Shandy, then Salvia would be a Whiskey. :P

Edited by DAVA

chocscoffer thanks very much, i understand what your saying, maybe glastonbury itself is the only drug needed :lol: Jay and Pineapple, yeahh i know what you mean, may just kill the weekend and stuff if a trip turns out bad, thanks alot for the personal stories, they sound pretty horrific truth be told. dava, nice one for that, balances out the other responses i suppose :lol: i might try that, quiggins is still open yeahh, it has moved though, but i suppose i'll just see what happens and maybe try some stuff out in the weeks before i go :D thanks alot.

+1 all the stuff about not trying halicinogens at Glastonbury - too freaky and unpredictable, with the potential to ruin not just your entire festival but that of the people with you, too.

does anyone know if there's any tattoo parlours on site too?

yep true, thanks, it was more of a curiosity question than anything :P yeahh design4life in quiggins is alrite. might be a stupid question, but i've read loadss about the real ale bars and carlsberg in the normal ones, is that the best extent of the beer on sale or is there bars that sell other beers aka budweiser, becks, corona, red stripe/ thanks :P

Don't want to sound a total irresponsible numpty, but surely a festival is a good place to go tripping?

Check out your surroundings, don't do it on the first day, make sure you've got mates with you - don't overdo it.

Beats Asda or down the pub.

And don't assume if you start to go wonky you're automatically "having a bad trip" - you might have hit a rocky patch but you can easily get back on the high road again with a good mate and some common sense.

Don't do it if you are feeling fragile/upset/anxious/depressed or angry.

Or if you get worried about being in crowds, or in unfamiliar surroundings!

i understand the whole "only trip in a safe place" ting but i think it is a bit OTT.

couple of my mates had shrooms for the 1st time at a fest and loved it, was just very chilled.

just be with a close mate or mates and make sure you can get back to the tent (or really any place to sit down) and you'll be fine.

golden rule: dont take too much! if your taking shrooms for the 1st time at a fest take just over a gram and see how you go. :)

Final tip - try to avoid places where there will be drunk people in any numbers. Maybe stick around the Dance village or places where people will be chilled/receptive to your state of mind.

Not in the middle of a crowd watching a shouty guitar band.

A crowd of noisy, drunken people will seem twenty times louder, and more aggressive, than they really are.

Alcohol is not a natural partner of psychedelics. Like bare feet and sharp things - don't do it!

Enjoy yourself, it's what it's all about!

this year is my first time at glastonbury :D

and i'm just wondering about a couple of things,

i dont want to sound like a yob or a new age hippy or anything,

i'm not too into drugs or anything, just think that glastonbury would be the perfect time to trip :D

thanks in advance :D apologies for the essay x

What's with all the bloody fear mongering?! I'm not denying that some of you have had some bad experiences but you seem to not only be making it out that this is the norm but that it's such a dead cert to not even think about bothering. When for the vast majority of folk who do it is just an incredible amount of fun and definetely worth doing experience at glastonbury.

Like other folk have said, just don't take too much (defo the most important factor!!!), be with friends, and avoid the crowds. Just find a quiet place to sit down in a field somewhere and go for it. When it comes on and if and when you feel comfortable enough with it, go for a bit of a wander which will turn into a wierd and wonderful adventure even just walking past a few stalls or something haha. And prepare to laugh more than you ever have in your life!

One of the reasons I find glastonbury a good place to do them (apart from the obvious amazingness of it all) is that you don't really need to worry about how you are acting like you do if you were taking them say just in a park or something, you can act like a complete clown, which is what you do sometimes when you are tripping, and no one will bat an eyelid. You just feel a bit more comfortable and less restrained doing it I suppose!

And I know someone above has said otherwise, but I think that a little bit of alcohol defo helps before you take them if you're slightly nervous about it, it just takes the edge off any worry that you might have the first time you do them leaving your mind a little clearer to just enjoy the ride!

Happy tripping! :D