Loopallu 2009

Guest Paul ™

hi folks,

looking forward to my 1st loopallu and a return to the very wonderfull Ullapool where i,ve enjoyed the local hospitality on a few occasions ..hic...done t in the park and Bella so far this year and enjoyed both but a new festival is always a buzz and i,m hoping it will be the start of a long relationship !

Line up looks great to me and it will suppliment the most important aspect of festivals for me and thats the comaradery and crack of like minded folk .i hope folk give the View a chance.I,m no spring chicken and i,ve seen them a couple of times and theve been great .The band have been waxing lyrical on a couple of sites about looking forward to coming back over to loopallu and encouraging some of their , as some might see , more lofty peers, to get back to their roots and do smaller festivals like this .

Anyhoos , hope to get into some banter and beer with you all over the weekend !! ;)

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi folks,

looking forward to my 1st loopallu and a return to the very wonderfull Ullapool where i,ve enjoyed the local hospitality on a few occasions ..hic...done t in the park and Bella so far this year and enjoyed both but a new festival is always a buzz and i,m hoping it will be the start of a long relationship !

Line up looks great to me and it will suppliment the most important aspect of festivals for me and thats the comaradery and crack of like minded folk .i hope folk give the View a chance.I,m no spring chicken and i,ve seen them a couple of times and theve been great .The band have been waxing lyrical on a couple of sites about looking forward to coming back over to loopallu and encouraging some of their , as some might see , more lofty peers, to get back to their roots and do smaller festivals like this .

Anyhoos , hope to get into some banter and beer with you all over the weekend !! :ph34r:

Just back from Summer Sundae Weekender in Leicester.

I took the opportunity to check out the Lightning Seeds for everybody!

They were absolutely SUPERB! :)

Lots of lovely joyous tunes, and all those half forgotten favourites that came flooding back to me.

I'd forgottten just how many great songs Mr Broudie has written.

They were so much better than the last time I saw them (admittedly many years ago!)

I reckon they will be cracking headliners at Loop ;)

And no ............. he didn't sing THAT song! :ph34r:

Think I'm comin up on the wednesday noo. Are you campin at the same spot as last year. i take it I dont have to pre book a camp space and i can just pay for wed and thursday when i arrive!!

Ok guys

I think I'm just looking for a bit of encouragement.

I don't want to seem like a sado but I want to go to Loop but no one I know can go so I'm thinking of going on my own.

Is there enough for me to do on my own?, are other people going on their own? Its a bit of a drive up on my own so I'll be going on the thursday and I've got the tent set up down to 15 mins. So is there much to do on the thursday?

I really like my festivals but have only went to Bella this year (not only in a negative way, it was brilliant) and I want to go to this one. But I've never done a festival on my own.

I just need talked into it. (but I've already booked the time off work so I'm nearly there..)