Buying alcohol at Glatonbury

Guest staggerlee

As always when I go to a music festival, especially a five day one I end up running out of booze. I have heard that in Leeds you can pick up a crate of miserable Carling, however in Glasto it seems the only booze you can buy is very expensive and only comes in plastic glass, must be drank immediately form.

Why is this?

As always when I go to a music festival, especially a five day one I end up running out of booze. I have heard that in Leeds you can pick up a crate of miserable Carling, however in Glasto it seems the only booze you can buy is very expensive and only comes in plastic glass, must be drank immediately form.

Why is this?

I have allways thort this. Its one of the few things that Glastonbury is really behind on. Everyone waxes lyrical about the ability to go where you want and take booze you have braught in the supermarket anywhere you go, which is great if you drive but the fact that you cant buy a case on site anywhere is a proper pain for us who dont drive everywhere.

If people are desparate to buy extra beer once they have pitched up, a little known service is the FREE shuttle into Glastonbury town, several times daily (details from thsoe friendly Information Stall people :rolleyes: we have a Travel Section of our Bible with bus times). These buses go from/return to the Gate A Bus Station. There is a Morrisons in Street Road in Glastonbury -- and there is also an independent supermarket in the High Street, this sells very reasonably priced flagons of Hecks Scrumpy (from Street), and plenty of cans.

If people are desparate to buy extra beer once they have pitched up, a little known service is the FREE shuttle into Glastonbury town, several times daily (details from thsoe friendly Information Stall people :rolleyes: we have a Travel Section of our Bible with bus times). These buses go from/return to the Gate A Bus Station. There is a Morrisons in Street Road in Glastonbury -- and there is also an independent supermarket in the High Street, this sells very reasonably priced flagons of Hecks Scrumpy (from Street), and plenty of cans.
Edited by rustyuk

Pretty sure they will sell out fast,

Maybe someone nice off here can buy me a crate and ill give them 25 squid for there good deed:) just theres not a chance ill be able to take 3 crates with me plus my gear! :rolleyes: so if someone can take a crate for me and ill take a crate then its not too bad!. Also by doing this your going to be making some quid so its a good deal!